Poor coverage in subway stations
Wha2102
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an iPhone 7 Plus and having terrible data coverage in subway stations in nyc since moving to Verizon from ATT 2 months ago. Other people’s devices immediately get connected to their cellular  network when the train comes into stations and mine did too when I was with ATT. Now, my device shows No Service right up until the train starts leaving the station, a full 30 seconds behind what it should.

No one in Tech support seems to understand what is happening.

is This happening to anyone else? It’s beyind frustrating and I’m on the verge of canceling with Verizon and going back to ATT. otherwise service is fine but this is a HUGE sticking point.

Please advise. Do I need to change a setting in my phone? Does Verizon data just hate my phone? Is it their network? What the heck.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor coverage in subway stations
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wha212, our valued customer’s service concerns are always our top priority. I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing data coverage issues while using your iPhone 7 Plus at subway stations in New York City. I apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you and we’ll do everything we can to get this matter resolved for you with your assistance. What zip codes in NYC? Are you experiencing this issue at specific Subway stations in NYC? Have there been any recent changes with your device? (e.g. software update, new apps downloaded, etc.)

Robert_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Wha2102
Enthusiast - Level 1

There is no one zip code. My service underground across is categorically awful all over Brooklyn and Manhattan. This evening for instance I sat between a Sprint user and an ATT user and saw that their service both picked up immediately upon coming into a station whereas mine sat at ‘No Service’ the entire time or up until we started leaving a station. That is frankly unacceptable given the competition out there.

What can be done to fix this? And how much are you going to discount my monthly rate if you are going to provide me daily substandard service?

there have been no recent changes to my phone. My service coverage immediately degraded the moment I switched over to verizon. That has been the only change.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing us with this updated information, Wha2102. As the heart of our Verizon family it breaks our heart to hear that you're having this current service trouble. It's vital we troubleshoot your device to ensure not only your device is running to the best of it's ability, but there are no service alerts or outages we know of in your area. In the event we have this confirmed, we can place a service ticket in your area. However, we before we do this, let's make sure your device is running to the best of it's ability. The first step we'll perform is a Network Reset followed by a SIM card removal. Please let us know when you've completed these steps as we'll be right here waiting to review the results with you.

0 Likes
nikkinyc
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having the same problem since October. I bought a new iPhone xs - replaced the new phone. Been having horrible service still and it doesn't seem like customer service even cares. I went back and forth with apple no help. Called today and nothing. Its been a great 10 year journey w verizon but if i don't get this sorted out this month I'm done. No service in subway. I ask people next to me with full service what carrier they have - att and t mobile so far. Im sitting there with zero bars paying per $200 a mo. thanks for nothing

nikkinyc
Enthusiast - Level 1

its frustrating that when i call as well there are no service alerts however every other carrier has full service and we have zero bars. I been having this problem since october and nothing has improved.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nikkinyc, this is certainly not the experience that we would like you to have with Verizon. Keeping you connected with reliable service is important, so we are here to work toward a resolution. 10 years is a longtime, so we greatly appreciate your loyalty. We would like to gather more details. How does the service work in other areas? Do you have service issues along your entire journey in the New York subway or just a specific location? And if in a certain location, what is the intersection? 

DavidC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ebonee0523

Hello was your issue ever resolved ? I have the same issue on my Iphone xs also

0 Likes
mcordone

I am having the same issue.  I have a Samsung Galaxy S9+ and the moment I switched from Sprint to Verizon the service I get in the subway immediately degraded.  I frequently will not get service until the train is getting ready to leave the station, and often do not end up getting service at all the entire time I am in the station.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to have our customers covered where they need us the most, mcordone. We always want to help in any way we can. 

Are you having any issues when outside around that same area? The reason we ask is because inside or underground is something that has to be offered by the public service that is located there. Depending on which provider the public service is partnered with would decide what provider's service is available there. We are only able to provide towers and boosters to areas that we are approved to have them at.

This would hold true to subways, train services, as well as places like hospitals. For example there would be other places where our service to our customers is available, while it is not available to others. 

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes