Poor coverage area.
cpav12

I have horrible signal strenght in and around my house.  There are very few areas, even in my yard, where I can get more than two bars of 3g signal, yet I should be getting 4g.  I'm only two miles away from a tower.  When I contacted customer support, they basically said I can buy a range extender for my house, deal with the current coverage or switch to a different carrier.  Why would they rather lose me, a loyal customer of ten years, than give me a range extender to boost their poor signal?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Poor coverage area.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@cpav12,

I totally understand your frustration! Having reliable is definitely important. Keeping all our customer is definitely a priority and we are always looking to improve and expand our coverage. Verizon Wireless radio frequency engineers and system performance engineers regularly evaluate network coverage and performance to identify locations that may require additional coverage. Based on their analyses and recommendations cell site construction or other improvements are then planned and budgeted accordingly.

The network extender is a great solution to help boost the service indoors in areas with service challenges. It's definitely worth the investment. You can view complete details regarding this great optional accessory here http://vz.to/IHRT6h.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cpav12,

I know I depend on my phone for everything. So I know the importance of having a good working phone with a good network. We would be sad to see you go to a different carrier. So let's work together to find the best solution.

What kind if device do you have? You stated you have been a loyal customer for 10 years (Thank you by the way) have you always had this kind of service at your home? What zip code are you in that is having this kind of trouble? Also, have you ever had a network ticket opened for your home area?

Please keep me posted. I'm eager to working with you.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cpav12

These problems occur on my HTC 8x, my wife's iPhone 5 and my works Samsung Galaxy S3.  All get the same signal strength.  We have been at this house (zip code 08051) since mid November and it has always been this bad.  I had a network ticktet, (removed), opened and that's when someone in customer service told me I could buy the network extender or they would waive the early termination fee to switch if I wanted to.  I thought you guys would be more interested in keeping me as a customer than losing me.

>>Edited to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service<<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@cpav12,

I totally understand your frustration! Having reliable is definitely important. Keeping all our customer is definitely a priority and we are always looking to improve and expand our coverage. Verizon Wireless radio frequency engineers and system performance engineers regularly evaluate network coverage and performance to identify locations that may require additional coverage. Based on their analyses and recommendations cell site construction or other improvements are then planned and budgeted accordingly.

The network extender is a great solution to help boost the service indoors in areas with service challenges. It's definitely worth the investment. You can view complete details regarding this great optional accessory here http://vz.to/IHRT6h.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cpav12

There is no way I'm spendig $1, let alone $249 for a network extender when I live in an area that is advertised by you as having 4g service.  If I was on the edge of the coverage map, sure, I get it, but according to your own documentation, I should be gettig 4g.  As stated above, I'm lucky if I get two bars of 3g and I drop calls constantly, both inside and ouside the house.  No thank you.  I'm going to have to go with another provider I guess.

0 Likes