Poor cell coverage in a specific area: dropped calls, etc.
zwood

I'm am hoping there is a way to address poor coverage I receive at home. My roomates and I all have verizon, and we get poor coverage at home. We usually have 3-4 bars until we make a call, then it drops to one bar, and calls are frequently dropped or difficult to hear. Is there a way to report this to verizon? I'm sure many people on our street experience the same pain.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor cell coverage in a specific area: dropped calls, etc.
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

What's your zip code?

Typically Verizon can't do anything about the coverage, they will offer you a network extender, but you'd have to purchase it. They also don't guarantee coverage inside any buildings.

0 Likes
zwood

That's what I figured. Zip is 45324. It's not bad in the area, just our street specifically. Does the extender help inside buildings?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

The network extender will help with phone calls, but honestly I don't find it worth it. You could just use a free app to make calls over wifi. The network extender has to be connected to your wifi anyway.

0 Likes
zwood

Understood! Thank you the info on this. Any hopes that Verizon allows wifi calling through iOS anytime soon? That would solve this issue for many people.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

It really would, word is they have applied with the FCC - I think a year ago, but they haven't been given approval. I use whatsapp to make international free calls, the only potential problem is the other party has to have the same app.

0 Likes