Poor Service Coverage, bad bad
bensonverde
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live in an area in upstate NY, south of Canandaigua. Verizon service coverage for as long as I can remember has been exceptionally poor. Like you cannot drive through this part of town without dropping the call, no matter what. Wondering who I can speak with about having verizon look into this issue of poor service coverage. I've tried on multiple occasions customer support via phone ... most people/techs try and treat it as a troubleshooting issue with my phone. Of course, a booster would absolutely fix the problem for me in an isolated area, but my concern/complaint is the general area of poor reception. 

0 Likes
Re: Poor Service Coverage, bad bad
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am a consumer too and I sincerely understand your service concerns, bensonverde. While we are committed to provide the best possible service everywhere, several factors outside of our control can greatly impact service in any general area at any given time (https://www.verizon.com/support/troubleshooting-wireless-signal-coverage-video/).

We are happy to take a look at the specific area if you provide  a street intersection and ZIP code for the trouble area. How does this sound?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
bensonverde
Enthusiast - Level 2

Zip Code: 14424

Intersection: State Route 21 South, and Woolhouse Road

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate these details. I do see this area is heavily surrounded with trees, which could be a factor in how the service is. Additionally, the closest tower in this area, is almost 2-miles away. However, how far do you have to travel from this area, for the service to improve? 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes