Poor Reception
Palomar169

The past few months the reception inside and around our home has gotten worse.

According to the coverage map we are in a 4GLTE area (Zip 13658).

But, our phones rarely work in or around our house.  It is constantly switching from 4G to 3G and even 1X.

How can I improve my service?  Being able to use my cell phone at home is very important.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor Reception
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Palomar169, I depend on my service too. Let's get this figured out. Though service can not be guaranteed indoors due to building materials, foliage, or other factors we do still want to take a closer look at this. How far from your home do you have to go before service improves? Do you have Wi-Fi at home? What model device do you have?

AlbertoR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Palomar169

Thank you for the reply.

I have turned off my wireless router at home and the service did not change.  I have an Archer C7 router. 

Our house has a few trees around but is not covered or blocked by any of them. 

I have to move about 50-100 feet away from the house before service improves.

Any suggestions to get better service would be appreciated.  It is very frustrating not being able to use the phone in or around the house.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Palomar169, we strive to provide you the best service nationwide. Having service indoors is very important. Since you mentioned that the issues your having are indoors and around your house, I would suggest a Network Extender. Check it out. http://vz.to/2dRRdjX

JacobV_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Palomar169

Are there  any discounts offered for a Network Extender?  They are fairly expensive to purchase and since we have been a long time customer, perhaps there is a discount available?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes