Poor Network servive
jerry1950
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have Poor Network service service where i live. The signal is - 116 dbm and is not enough for the phone to hold on to a signal. I do have a Network Extender and it helps some in the house not great but some and is useless out side in the yard. I am between two towers but that doesn't help since the 4G LTE signal doesn't travel as far as a 3G signal. I am only 10 miles east of Greenville ,North Carolina 27858 city limits and 3 miles off of NC hwy 43  and Chicod school. I like verizon but i want my phones to work where i live. I would by a new Note 5 tomorrow if verizon would improve the service where i live. A A network Extender is not a cure all for poor service. Verizon has a lot to offer with the phone selection and other things but i want some of that verizon love where i live to. Smiley Sad

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor Network servive
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jerry1950, We always want you to feel the love of Verizon Wireless. I know first hand how important it is to have a working phone to stay connected to the world. Let's work together on this so that issue so that we keep our relationship going for many years to come. How long have you had the Network Extender? Have we done any network investigations for you in the past?
NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jerry1950
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had the Network Extender about  3 or 4 years. I got it when a network engineer came out to my house and said I didn't have enough signal in my area to use a phone and he recommended that I get a Network Extender. The signal is - 116 Dbm in my yard. The engineer said he didn't know if Verizon  would do anything about it or not. Verizon is showing  4G LTE  coverage on the map at my address but it is not reliable signAL or map. If I had good coverage I would port two or three lines back to Verizon that I ported to another carrier that has good service where I live.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Don't port them. It can take years for Verizon to build new towers and if your signal for the last 3-4 years has always been bad and I'm assuming it has been since you bought a network extender that long ago, that's not going to change.

That said, do you suddenly have bad service again or you just wanted to let Verizon know you are still waiting?

0 Likes
jerry1950
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just letting Verizon know that I still have bad service at my home and have lines that I can port back to them if they ever fix the service in my area. I am less than a half a mile from a U.S.Cellular tower that gives me good service - 80 dbm. I like Verizon because  they are a national company  unlike  U.S.Cellular which is a regional carrier but U.S.Cellular gives me great coverage where I live.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

What I find odd is my numbers closely resemble what you are saying is giving you bad service, yet I get 4G and 2-3 bars of service.

Have you had the same phone for the last 3-4 years? Which device do you currently have?

0 Likes
jerry1950
Enthusiast - Level 2

No have had a note 3 and a galaxy s4. Even my grow kids talk about it when they come to the house,  they also have Verizon service

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Unfortunately I don't think there is anything Verizon can do, other than build another tower or piggy back off of someone else.

If it were me I would just use Wi-Fi and run my phones data and voice over that using an app like WhatsApp.

0 Likes
jerry1950
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I can run data over my Internet but that doesn't help with phone calls

0 Likes
jerry1950
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am going to get a Note 5 this weekend  but I am not sure what carrier yet , it will be either  Verizon or U.S.Cellular.

0 Likes