Poor LTE speeds in Downtown Portland, OR
bornaduck

For the past few months, Verizon LTE service has been horrific in our office.  Employees with all other major carriers (i.e., AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint), are seeing LTE speeds of 25+ mbps (when using the OOKLA Speedtest app.  Since July, my tests have show 0.86-1.56 mpbs download speeds, 2.23-6.79 upload speeds, with an average of 50 ms ping.  Colleagues of mine, whom also have Verizon and have different make/model phones, are seeing similarly poor results. These speeds are unacceptable, especially considering the fact that the other carriers are all providing reliable, fast service to the area.

I presume my area is "dead" one to Verizon, because I am able to attain acceptable service 5 blocks to the west of the location listed below.

My address: 100 SW Taylor St, Portland, OR 97204

My 4G signal strength: 83-96 dBm

My Phone: LG G3

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor LTE speeds in Downtown Portland, OR
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bornaduck,

We want to see you enjoying your services while out & about and while at work. There are no alerts in the area. You mentioned this started a few months, any changes that you noticed in the area around the time you noticed this? 

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bornaduck

If by "changes" you are referring to construction work, there has been a steady stream of construction work over the last few years, so if would be difficult to pinpoint a specific project.  Have you received other inquiries regarding poor download speeds in the downtown area?  I did a little digging on the web, and it looks like many others are seeing the same network degradation that we have.  Any solutions?

Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bornaduck,

Let's keep diving into this so we can narrow down the cause of this issue. Since this is fairly restricted to in & around the building in question, were there any strong storms in the area before this became an issue? Is the building located near an area that received an influx of people/vehicle traffic due to seasonal tourists or the such?

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes