Poor Customer Service
areyoukiddingme2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been a verizon customer for years. I had a problem with my 6 month old phone and contacted them. The lady I spoke with said that she was going to send me out a New phone and charger. I even asked her and had her repeat new phone and charger to me. When I received the package the phone was the wrong color, refurbished and had no charger because her supervisor would not approve the charger even though after spending over an hour on the phone with her the charger seemed to be what caused the problem. That was the first lie. I refused to accept the phone and held off as long as the one I was using allowed me to. I did  eventually did have to activate the wrong phone because the one I was using wouldnt take a charge any more. Over the weeks I did continue requesting a new phone and not one of their certified like garbage phones. To my disapointment I will not get a new phone. The wrong phone started screwing up after only 6 days of being used. Along the way the people at verizon over the weeks that this has been going on I have been lied to, given wrong ext. # to get back in contact with her, when I asked one person name Denny why I was getting conflicting stories he told me it is because I keep talking to different people( no standards?). One lady name Mary Jane asked for permission to call me back on sunday and I agreed. That call didnt come untill monday afternoon, even after me calling verizon and having a lady tell me she had it set up for noon when I called to see when and if she would be calling. The next person that was supposed to call me back never did. My original phone as I said wouldnt charge and I wanted to wipe all of my info off of the phone before returning it. I finally did get enough charge on the original phone and did wipe it out yesterday. Now the lady I spoke with today says that I have to send back the phone that I am currently using, leaving me with no working phone. Ihave had all I can tke from verizon. Ijust want to return all of my phones, have all lines canceled and walk away. And all of this after being a customer for several years and paying several thousand dollars to these people. And now I have logged many many hours on the phone with them repeating the same thing to every person I talked to. Has anyone else experienced customer service this bad? Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor Customer Service
areyoukiddingme2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Now after speaking to another manager, he tells me  to look into the charging port for discoloring. I tell him it does have some black in there probably from the charger over heating. He then tells me that my warranty is possibly voided because of this. Mind you the charger was too hot to hold in my hand when I unplugged it, it could have caught on fire if I would have left it charging more than the hour or so that it was on there. Lucky it wasnt an overnight charge with us sleeping and it continued getting hotter until a fire was caused. I may not be posting this now if that were the case.So I guess now the malfunction is my fault? More running circles.

0 Likes
Not applicable

And you will get on the merry-go-round as long as you allow them to treat you in that way.

http://www.bbb.org

Good place to start your complaint process.

Another thing to look at is Small Claims Court where you can sue Verizon for the total cost of your device as well as the months you had no phone, as well as time missed from work or school per hour basis and of course the filing fee.

Verizon will call to settle, however do nothing under arbitration and if they insist you sign a release make sure you have all the funds paid to you FIRST, not after you sign or simply meet them is court.

Remember do not sign any non disclosure forms of the settlement as a basis to get those monies. Get all the MONEY in your bank account first.

Good Luck

areyoukiddingme2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there a way for me to get out of this contract? In my mind verizon has already broke their end of the contract with very poor customer service.

0 Likes
Not applicable

No, however if you file the BBB complaint you may want to make a suggestion to let you go without any Early Termination Fees. Its worth the risk.

Verizon provides access to the network both calling and data. As long as they make any attempt to remedy the issue, you would have to wait until you exhaust all the avenues before getting out of a contract.

A good attorney could best advise you.

Good Luck

areyoukiddingme2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hear ya, it seems if I'm fighting an uphill battle that may be un-winnable. This is my first real issue with them in 6 years.  I thought they valued long term customers a little more than this. I also have Time Warner cable, they are now some how associated with verizon. I will be saying bye to them both if this isn't corrected in a satisfying way. Thanks for  your insight on this Elector.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Your welcome.

Verizon had a cross partner deal with Time Warner, they terminated that agreement. They now sell FiOS in areas once dominated by TWC. Verizon is famous for these types of deals. They use to sell telephone services bundled with satalite TV. No more. Now with FiOS quantum internet and cellular and home phone and TV packages they are turning on those partner agreements.

Good Luck

pherson
Champion - Level 1

I have to disagree with Elector somewhat on this.

I was not on any of the conversations obviously but the terms and conditions of the warranty do stipulate that your USED phone will be replaced with a USED (certified like new) device or if not available will be replaced with a similar device.  So I'm not understanding where the issue is with that. Second of all charging issues cannot be determined over the phone. That's like calling your mechanic saying your brakes are squealing; what is it so I can fix it. You should have taken it into a store where a technician could determine exactly what it is. Therefore...filing a claim with the BBB or small claims at this stage of the game is incomprehensible and unnecessary at the very least.

0 Likes
kay_dee_gee
Enthusiast - Level 3

I understand TOTALLY what you're going thru.  The VZW customer service is pathetic at BEST- however. . MOST of the reps DO try. They're just doing their job within the terms set for them by the "decision makers". Still no excuse in my opinion, but it helps me retain my sanity when I have to deal w/them.

Now.. your best bet.. Go into a store and swap out ur charger.  They can look at ur file and see the charger is still under contract.  (They have the same 1 yr guarantee) Now... You want to WATCH THEM type into your file that he charger was faulty and malfunctioned, causing severe overheating issues. Then, you want to politely ask for a copy of what they just entered. They can screen shot it (PrtSc on any computer) and copy to a word doc and print for you if they claim their system doesn't allow printing.  Or - YOU can take a picture of the screen that they just typed info into. Believe me - it's VERY common for their system to "malfunction" therefore "causing retail notes to be unavailable" or "accidentally erased".

Anyway.. you at that point - ask THEM to swap out ur phone - under warranty.  If they say charging port damage - you've already got proof that the charger caused it.

Good luck!!

0 Likes
Not applicable

My reference was only to the Verizon claim it was not the charger but water damage.

My remedy would still be the BBB ( to get executive relations to call the original poster)

My second remedy would be due to the device having a charging issue and Verizon not going to replace the device since they claim water damage now places the poster without any device at all. Hense the small claims court to at least get the money back to buy a new device.

The OP was told new device, however you are correct it does state certified like new ( second hand junk phone) which the OP was not aware of. However you are correct.

A six month phone with no insurance nor replacement under manufacturer warranty is not chicken feed.

Good Luck

0 Likes