Poor Coverage in 36804 zip
r_slay

I've read so many articles and spent many hours trying to get better cell coverage at home. Did anyone who had similar problems ever find a way to get VZ to work at home? I pay the full price to VZ, yet no one can help. I've been through customer service, tier level 1 & 2 support, and then some guy that said "the buck stops with me"  support.  I'm in a rural area within 3 miles of VZ tower. Coverage was ok, until this new tower was put up. Everyone says the signal overshoots us due to trees and terrain. One rep told me to go to Best Buy and purchase a 4G signal booster. They are ONLY around $300 per the rep. Not in my budget after the cell bill. Many years ago, it seemed that VZ really cared about their customers and any issues about phone, service, etc. Now, no one seems to know anything and they say talk to the next level. On Tech Coach Sunday, rep said to keep asking for their boss, until I could get help. (That's when I fell in the floor laughing!)

I have to keep my AT&T home phone, due to the fact that I don't have dependable cell service. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Poor Coverage in 36804 zip
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

r_slay, we want you to have the best service possible. It is true that certain areas can experience signal changes when network changes (such as adding a new tower) occur. If a ticket has been filed and a network extender was recommended, then that means service is functioning as expected. It is not that we don't want to help you but we can't change the service in your area. The Network Extender will improve your indoor coverage. The cost of the device is an investment for the mobile devices that you have in your home.  Here is a link with helpful information about how the extender can benefit you: http://vz.to/1OT7tb5.

SheritaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Poor Coverage in 36804 zip
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

r_slay, we want you to have the best service possible. It is true that certain areas can experience signal changes when network changes (such as adding a new tower) occur. If a ticket has been filed and a network extender was recommended, then that means service is functioning as expected. It is not that we don't want to help you but we can't change the service in your area. The Network Extender will improve your indoor coverage. The cost of the device is an investment for the mobile devices that you have in your home.  Here is a link with helpful information about how the extender can benefit you: http://vz.to/1OT7tb5.

SheritaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes