Poor Cell Service, when will it be fixed?
scottk1701

I’ve been a Verizon customer for 10 years and at this time I have poor cell phone service.  I still live in the same place, so that isn't the issue.  Well about 2 months ago I experienced text messaging issues and a dropped call or two (I don’t get  a lot of calls).  I checked my speed using SpeedTest and got 2mb or less download speeds and for upload speeds nothing higher than .49 mb.  Then I started noticing my signal meter fluctuating from 4g-3g-1x to nothing and that was in the house being stationary.  Luckily I am on WiFi at the house.  I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 and its set up for Wifi calling, but I still have dropped calls from time to time.  I was on the phone with tech support for about an hour and I had a dropped call with them.  I thought they were going to do something, but a month or so later the same inconsistent service.  Whenever my sister comes up, she has the same issues as does my mom.  My sister has an iPhone and my mom has a Galaxy S4 which cannot be setup for WiFi calling.  About two weeks ago, I was in Gate City, VA at Food Lion.  I just happened to check the speed there and to my surprise I got 75mb to 100 mb download speeds.  I tried it twice.  I then drove to Weber City which is less than  1.5 miles from Gate City and tested the speed, at best 5mb download speeds and sitting at the parking lot of Food City I looked at my phone and it was a 3G signal not 4G.   I decided to go talk to a manager at one of the stores and he did a little checking and she said there are problems, but couldn’t give me any information as to when it would be fixed.  So when is this going to be fixed and please don't tell me I need to do more troubleshooting.  The manager at one of the stores already admitted there's a problem.   I want to know when it will be fixed.   If it's going to be some time before its fixed, Verizon should give folks in the area a discount because they are not providing the service they should be.  Like to tonight I had another dropped call.  I'm paying for service service that is not working at the moment!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor Cell Service, when will it be fixed?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to have your stellar service restored! When you were working with tech support, do you know if the submitted an NRB Ticket for your service issue?

NoahS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
scottk1701

Just got back from vacation.  I thought they had, but after asking several questions there was no ticket opened.  I was supposed to have texted them when I had a dropped call. Like I told them I don't get a lot of calls, but when I did I texted but it didn't go thru.  I've been dealing with this for over two months now.  Nothing will be done until more people complain.  I told my mom to call, but she don't want to take the time.  Verizon had me on the phone over an hour one day and look where it got me, no where closer to a fix.  Its a tower problem and you guys already know it. I have no idea why you don't get it fixed, but its really sad that I've had decent service at the house for 10 years until now and nothing so far has been done to fix it. 

0 Likes
scottk1701

Oh I went ahead and signed up on Google voice, so at least I can make phone calls if needed on WiFi and text as well. 

0 Likes
NOAHMCNABB01
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have same issue. I have 6 phones on my account and unlimited plan. Worked for years now it dont. I have contacted customer service half a dozen times. I've texted and emailed like I was told when it dropped a call. Nothing changes they say I have a tower within 5 miles and I say I dont care if you say I have a tower in my backyard. The service still don't work inside my home anymore its ridiculous. I am so fed up with I'm  looking to switch. They say to use wifi calling. I understand that but the thing is I pay an internet provider for internet and a cell phone provider for cell phone service. If I use wifi calling everyday why do I pay a ridiculous cell phone bill. If Verizon had to reimburse or discount every dropped call or whatever I guarantee that this problem wouldn't last long

0 Likes
scottk1701

I was talking to my neighbors the other day and they have the same problem, but they haven't called Verizon about it.

Someone told me the lease on their towers was up and apparently there are three towers that has been affected and that is the problem.   Apparently affecting people in Hiltons, VA as well.  I'm not real sure if its true, but it sounds like it. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you are getting the best service possible, scottk1701. I have sent you a Private Message to best assist.

NicoleB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
scottk1701

As the saga continues, we had issues with the alarm system.  I had thought it was tied to the landline, but when the tech from Monitronics (spelling) arrived he said the alarm system communicates using a Verizon cellular module.  If I knew that, I would have known the problem and who knows how long its not been communicating with the Security folks.  The signal strength  was 0.  He said they work reliably at 4.  He ended up getting a larger antenna and was able to get the strength to 11, but it fluctuates like my phone.  He checked it again and it was 9.  All said and done with it cost $50.  I pay good money for service and I've not gotten good service in a while plus its costing me.  I've talked to some other folks that lives near by and they are experiencing the same issues. Dropped calls, missed texts and cannot send texts.  The problem exist in the Weber City/Hiltons area of VA.  In Gate City, not two miles away I can get 75mb download speeds or higher.  You've got tower issues and the manager of the Kingsport store confirmed that, so you guys know there is an issue, but why hasn't it been fixed.

0 Likes