Please help
hotdog2100

I'm currently a VZW customer with a family plan of 3 lines that pays $182.xx per month. 2 of the lines are smartphones with unlimited data (We both have the 3G Iphone 4) and the other one is a basic phone. So I have a few questions:

1) If I upgrade my phone in 2/2013 at the subsidized price, do I get to keep my original plan or do I have to switch to the new share everything plan? Also, how much data do I get and how much do I have to pay since I'm upgrading with the subsidized price?

2) If I upgrade my 3G Iphone 4 to the 4G Iphone 5 and pay the retail price to keep my unlimited data, will my unlimited data be affected if my brother were to purchase his 4G iphone 5 at the subsidized price?

3) If I pay the retail price to get the iphone 5, can I pay for it right now even though my current contract ends in 6/2013? Will I have to pay a termination fee or will my contract get extended?

Much help is appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Please help
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

hotdog2100 wrote:

I'm currently a VZW customer with a family plan of 3 lines that pays $182.xx per month. 2 of the lines are smartphones with unlimited data (We both have the 3G Iphone 4) and the other one is a basic phone. So I have a few questions:

1) If I upgrade my phone in 2/2013 at the subsidized price, do I get to keep my original plan or do I have to switch to the new share everything plan? You can keep your current share plan for minutes and texting.  You may get pressured to change to Share Everything, and depending on the store affiliation, may be told that it is your only option.  Also, how much data do I get and how much do I have to pay since I'm upgrading with the subsidized price?  You will have to change the data portion of your plan to one of the current tiered levels, $30 / 2 GB, $50 / 5 GB, etc.

2) If I upgrade my 3G Iphone 4 to the 4G Iphone 5 and pay the retail price to keep my unlimited data, will my unlimited data be affected if my brother were to purchase his 4G iphone 5 at the subsidized price?  If you purchase the iPhone 5 at full retail, it is essentially a "BYO Device" and the unlimited data should not change on your line.  Your brother, purchasing a subsidized upgrade device, will need to change his data to a tiered option.

3) If I pay the retail price to get the iphone 5, can I pay for it right now even though my current contract ends in 6/2013?   You can purchase a new phone at full retail at any time.  Will I have to pay a termination fee or will my contract get extended? Neither one - by paying full retail you are not changing anything about your current contract and it will remain the same.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Please help
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

hotdog2100 wrote:

1) If I upgrade my phone in 2/2013 at the subsidized price, do I get to keep my original plan or do I have to switch to the new share everything plan? You can keep your current share plan for minutes and texting.  You may get pressured to change to Share Everything, and depending on the store affiliation, may be told that it is your only option.  Also, how much data do I get and how much do I have to pay since I'm upgrading with the subsidized price?  You will have to change the data portion of your plan to one of the current tiered levels, $30 / 2 GB, $50 / 5 GB, etc.

2) If I upgrade my 3G Iphone 4 to the 4G Iphone 5 and pay the retail price to keep my unlimited data, will my unlimited data be affected if my brother were to purchase his 4G iphone 5 at the subsidized price?  If you purchase the iPhone 5 at full retail, it is essentially a "BYO Device" and the unlimited data should not change on your line.  Your brother, purchasing a subsidized upgrade device, will need to change his data to a tiered option.

3) If I pay the retail price to get the iphone 5, can I pay for it right now even though my current contract ends in 6/2013?   You can purchase a new phone at full retail at any time.  Will I have to pay a termination fee or will my contract get extended? Neither one - by paying full retail you are not changing anything about your current contract and it will remain the same.

0 Likes