Please help me get my phone!!!!!! Worst Customer Service EVER!!!
Zep2015

Last week my phone broke through no fault of the Verizon Company. I have a prepaid account and wanted to order a replacement. After trying to order from the website I found that I had to start a new account. I was assured that I would not have to pay for an extra month and that I could change my old phone number back to the old phone. That only took about 2 hours to find out. I got lucky and had a person on chat put in a notation to credit my account. They weren't going to do it otherwise. But let's back up. When I ordered the phone I wanted it to be held at a FedEx location because it required a signature and I was going to be at work. Long story short FedEx could NOT hold it at a location because Verizon would NOT authorize it on their end despite long winded conversations, tons of transferring me, hanging up on me, and keeping me on hold. Finally I am able to get FedEx to hold the package for me with no help from Verizon.

I get my phone home and set it up, only to find out the next day that it is defective. It heats up making it uncomfortable to touch even from casual use. I call the company right away. They acknowledge that this is dangerous. In order to make sure that I am safe they put me on hold. They then begin transferring me from person to person without resolve (keep in mind, they admitted that this was a dangerous situation and they put me on hold). This lasts for over an hour and I am cutting out hours and hours that I am on the phone waiting and on live chat at different times for the sake of brevity.

I leave work early to go to a Verizon store. They are very helpful. I ask if FedEx would be responsible for delivering the phone. I am told that this is the case. I ask if it could be held at a FedEx location so I could go pick it up after work. They agree that it can be done. I go home. The next day I get a verification email that it is being send via the Post Office and not FedEx to the FedEx location and not where I live. I call them the store the next day and they refer me to customer service. I am on the phone for hours holding, being transferred, and hung up on. A supervisor even hung up on me. I live chatted as well. They could not help me. I would up talking to someone at sales. He told me that he changed my address but refused to give me written confirmation for the delivery.

I then called the Post Office. They told me that the package was still going to the wrong address and once it got to the FedEx location it would be returned to the sender. Keep in mind I am paying for a phone I don't have and service I cannot use. They tell me that they company needs to do a "Package Intercept." I call Verizon to no avail. I try a live chat again. She attempts to help me then puts me through to a supervisor. She tells me that the phone was returned to the Verizon company because of the faulty address. She attempts to reopen the order and resend my phone but the system will not allow her to. I am given the phone number to Sales. When I try to call it I am hung up on before I can speak to anyone about three times. This ordeal has lasted over 3 hours just today. I missed a class and will miss a family function today because I want my phone. I don't know what else to do. This makes Time Warner look like a wish granting genie. Will someone please help!!!???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Please help me get my phone!!!!!! Worst Customer Service EVER!!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I truly apologize for the experience Zep2015. I wish that it never happened but it has. We look to recover form this. Please call (888) 294-6804  for prepaid accounts.

BobbyN_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Zep2015

I can't get through to anyone on that number.

0 Likes
Zep2015

When I call they give me a bunch of options that do not apply. When I try to talk to a human I am cut off.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Zep2015

I am sorry to learn that you were unable to speak with someone when calling that number. Let’s see if I give detailed instructions, you will be able to speak with someone. Please call (888) 294-6804 from a landline.
Enter in your mobile number
1.    You will hear your balance and renewal data if applicable
2.    You will hear the amount of data used if applicable
3.    Press 2
4.    Press 4
5.    Press 6
6.    Press 4
7.    These instructions will allow you to speak with a representative

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Frankiefive

I am having the same issue you can not get them on the phone. Amazing and stupid. 

0 Likes