Please explain ....
egerz

Verizon Wireless More Everything Plan was a "Mistake", literally!

"Wow, you guys were screwed" said the Verizon representative at the store we went to visit.

Dear Verizon Wireless,

My wife and I have been loyal (paying) customers for over a decade.  Recently we noticed that we were spending close to $200 dollars/month and decided that we wanted to combine both of our plans to try and save some money. With a new baby at home, we decided to give your company a call to see if there was a plan we could switch to. The gentleman on the phone was very nice and was able to save my wife and I a good amount of money per month since we were switching to a More Everything family plan.

The service rep seemed knowledgeable enough and sent us an electronic contract to sign because my wife was getting a new phone/plan and needed confirmation before proceeding. After signing the document, he told us that he was going to transfer us to another department so that they could finish combining the lines. This is where the story gets really ugly!

During the transfer, the customer service rep had hung-up, either on purpose, or by mistake so we decided to call back to complete the process.

Seemed like a simple process: Combine the phone lines, confirm the payment and get a bill!

Two hours later, with my wife and I both on separate phone lines talking to two separate supervisors, we found out that we were in fact not able to combine  our lines together and that the service rep was not aware of the rules regarding the "More Everything Plan" and assumption of liability.

So instead, the supervisors on the phone told us that they would put together two separate plans to our satisfaction because of the reps mistake.  The First supervisor was not able to "send us a confirmation email" to an external address and that we would just see the changes in our plan during the next billing cycle. (Ok)

The second supervisor WAS able to send us a confirmation letter stating exactly what we would be paying per month.  Exactly twelve days later, my wife and I decided to check our bills since we knew we have a 14 day return period.

Our total bills were off by 60 dollars more than what we were originally told in an email from Verizon Wireless supervisor!

Again we call back and talk to yet another service rep and supervisor.  After explaining the entire problem and showing them the email proof that we had, the only response we got was

"They forgot to include the monthly price of the phone" Here is the email:

<<Email address removed>>

Date: June 17, 2014 at 9:23:31 PM EDT

To: "'ouremail@gmail.com'" <ouremail@gmail.com>

Subject: Plan Confirmation

XXXX’s Plan- More Everything Plan 1gig(additional 1 gig promo for 12 months) $40 + Line access $40(-10EDGE)=40+30=70 not including Tax—Will start on his bill cycle date on the 4th of July

XXXXXX’s plan- More Everything Plan 2gig(additional 1 gig promo for 12 months)$50+ Line access $40(-10EDGE)=50+30+Insurance 9.99(21%Discount) Will start today(We did discus proration’s and allotments) Will also send another confirmation once complete

If you are going to send an email and says: amount to pay plus tax, I assume you have not forgotten to "add" another line item in there to say + cost of phone per month.

So again we call back in and speak to yet another supervisor.  According to him, the best he could do for us was put us together a plan and send it our way:

Email below:

<<Email address removed>>

to me

XXXX's

Loyalty plan with unlimited calling, texting 1gb + 1 promo gb  = $50 + $24.99 (edge) = $74.99

XXXXXX's

Loyalty plan with unlimited calling, texting 1gb + 1 promo gb = $50 + $37 (edge) + $10 (insurance) = $97

The customer service rep on the phone also told us that we should stop by a Verizon wireless store to see if a manager may be able to help us out.

So we went to one of the local Verizon stores with the 2 emails as proof to see if someone could help us.  The customer service rep that we got decided to look over our history and see what he could do for us.  After about an hour of looking through our account and speaking to the manager on duty,

His only response to us was "Wow, you got screwed didn't you"

He also mentioned that the plan we were quoted for in the most recent email was also not the plan we were currently signed on for!

We have spent at least 12 total hours of our time trying to resolve an issue that we did not create.  We have also tried every avenue we can think of to get a hold of someone at this company who can actually take responsibility for the actions

I apologize for the length of this story, but I would like as many people as possible to know about the severe "lack" of customer service that Verizon gives to its loyal, paying customers.

Please share if you agree

Message and subject line edited by: Verizon Moderator

<<>>

Labels (1)
0 Likes