Please HELP 6 Year Customer
SPOSWAGG
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this, I have been a now 6 year verizon wireless customer. in May of 2016 my internet speeds went from 1-3MB/second - any time of day down to 300kb - noon until midnight.  I spent 6 months talking to Verizon Wireless Support, where they had me buy all new equipment, i replaced everything the hotspot, down to the sim card and have tested it on multiple computers then they told me it was my signal strength, which was -105 to -109 DB and that i lived in a marginal area they had sent 2 "tower tech repair teams" to their tower and said everything was "okay" on their end.  So i spent alot of money on equipment AMP+Antennas+Expensive super low loss cords LMR 450, that work specifically to Verizons 700mhz frequency.  This improved my signal to -58 to -78DB.  Which is the strongest signal i have ever had in 5 years.  Despite this, my internet speeds continue to slow and over the course of a YEAR i now get 20-100kb/second speeds for most of the day/night.  - After i bought all the equipment and recalled a Tech finally told me, their tower was "overloaded", because if i have between a -60 to -80DB i have a good signal strength, i asked them specifically if that was filed in their official report to their techs/engineering department and they responded with "yes and if anyone else calls from my area they will inform them of the tower being overloaded situation" - i called back 2 or 3 weeks later, and filed another complaint, and they reverted to saying i was in a "marginal area" so they did not file that the tower was overloaded, and now thats all i get from them, they will not FIX their towers situation, and just bluntly claim i am in a marginal area, despite me being a 5 year customer without issues until May of 2016.  I live in a Rural Area, and my internet options are extremely limited, i would like them to fix their tower as i am desperate for any form of internet that actually will work, 20-100kb/second does not work for hardly anything and i am paying 215+ dollars a month.  i am completely baffled that they will not fix their tower, i don't know if its overloaded on the cellular side or the internet side, and i don't feel as if they even know, i'm not looking for my money back, although i think i would have a pretty good case for it as they miss-lead me for months, and i only spent the money i did on equipment because they sent 2 tower tech teams out and confirmed their tower was "fine" i don't understand how educated qualified techs can go to a tower, inspect it, when it is so badly overloaded that the speeds you get off it are 20-100kb/second noon-until midnight, with it being extremely bad 3pm-8pm and say the tower is okay...  The Tower i connect to is 5.9 Miles away from me, in Yellow Creek PA, by a church.

Any Help you can be would be awesome, i really just want them to do the right thing and fix their equipment so that i can get the speeds i am over-paying for and actually use the internet...

thanks again for your time.

Labels (1)
Re: Please HELP 6 Year Customer
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You forgot to mention some very important pieces of information. Which device you are using. Which plan do you have. How much do you use per month. How much data you had used when the issue started occurring.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SPOSWAGG
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have always used at a minimal since the very start 10-20 gigs a month, and over the years upgraded from 20 gigs to now 50 gigs on their data-roll over plan.  as i originally stated i have been a customer for over 6 years now without issue until May 2016. - THAT IS 5 YEARS without a problem easily averaging 30gigs/month (and paying overages when needed) -  IT IS NOT a device issue, both my previous hotspot, and the new one have the exact same problem, they connect to a broken tower, in Yellow Creek PA, that Verizon refuses to fix, they have acknowledged, the problem is on THEIR end (once), and yet they do nothing to resolve, or fix it.

Furthermore i have a Cell Phone, not registered to me, and not on the same plan, that i don't use any data on a month, minus a 20mb/speed test - occasionally to confirm the terrible speeds i am getting off the tower...  Of which i have hooked that phone up to my AMP/Antenna system, and off it - i've had an entire year of tinkering with equipment and doing tests and talking to techs/support - and well everyone who was ever willing to help - like i said i live in rural area, and i believed them when they originally told me it was my signal strength so i took great strides to improve it/educate myself about signals/then bought the appropriate equipment - and as soon as i did that, that is when they admitted it was their tower and there was nothing i could do on my end but it is pretty hard to argue with a -58DB signal strength...

They have also assured me that they aren't Throttling me.  However 20kb-100kb with an average of 50kb - noon-midnight really feels like it, and since May of 2016, the speed has just continued to get worst, and worst - i thought 300kb/second was bad...  but 20kb/second is barely internet at all/doesn't really work...

I am hopeing they stand by their statements in commercials "better matters"  but so far - after a ENTIRE YEAR of talking to support/techs, i don't see it happening and am extremely dissapointed and frustrated.  Literally 1mb/second would make me happy again and i don't think it is too much to ask for the price being paid.

5.9 miles away from tower, 4-5 bars of signal strength (-58db to -78db)

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Still unanswered. Which device you are using?  Which plan do you have?  How much data you had used when the issue started occurring?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SPOSWAGG
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are obviously not reading what i say, but maybe its because i've been very wordy.

I already stated my usage per month, and exactly what plan i have - 50 gig/roll over plan. so i really don't appreciate having to restate what was obviously already stated - i even gave a breakdown of what plans i started with 6 years ago.

The device is of little concern - as - as previously stated the old device and the BRAND NEW DEVICE of a different model - have the same result - i have been through every form of trouble shooting Verizon has to offer with both devices  - if you cannot understand that, you shouldn't be cluttering the post up with useless previously answered questions. 

Also if you failed to read the part - where i've tested the tower speeds on a phone, NOT on my plan, NOT in my name, with and without my equipment attached to that phone with the same results - to confirm the TOWERS speeds itself - yeah - so please don't ask me questions that HAVE been answered.

3 Different Devices, 1 NOT EVEN IN MY NAME OR ON MY PLAN - all show the EXACT same result.

2 different Computers

1 Entire YEAR confirming it is not on my end or my equipment - so please do not ask useless questions that i have already taken the time to answer, again.

It is a TIME OF DAY issue, because the tower is overloaded.

The Issue has been occurring now for over 1 entire Year,  Verizon has admitted their tower is broken, and is not taking any steps to fix it.

I am hopeing someone at Verizon reads this and tries to fix what is definitely a shame on their company.

I don't feel as if their tower tech teams, who blatantly couldn't even see their tower was overloaded - after 2 inspections are competent enough to diagnose the problem correctly - i am sure they don't even know if its overloaded on the cellular end or the internet end, and they are not taking any steps what-so-ever to investigate properly and actually fix what is wrong with the tower by rather adding another mega-cell or fixing the internet pipeline for the tower itself - which CAN be done - and for a company AS BIG - as Verizon - shouldn't be a problem.

I suppose i will have to take this problem to my local news station as i cringe thinking of all the other people who are paying alot of $ for this broken service and getting the run around being told their in a marginal area - until they spend alot of $ on expensive equipment and blatantly prove Verizon wrong to the point where they then have to admit the tower is overloaded like they did with me

- you can't really argue marginal area with a -58DB signal - and if you took the time to read my 1st post, you would understand the run around i am getting, and what likely other people are getting as well.

There is franklly no way with a system that can easily do 20+ MB/second - at even -80DB and beyond signal strength, that i myself and everyone in my area who has a better than that signal strength isn't even getting 1/10th of 1MB - noon until midnight.

I am not looking for my money back, i am just looking for them to do the right thing and provide me with a usable service. 20kb/100kb/second IS NOT usable.

i live in a rural area my internet options are extremely limited - i really just want them to do the right thing and fix their equipment - i am a 6 YEAR customer, 5 entire years without issue, and the issue only started in May 2016 - without a single thing changing - it is confirmed to be on Verizons End.

Please Verizon - Fix your tower in Yellow Creek PA.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Vote with your wallet then.  6 year, 10, or 15 year customer, loyalty doesn't matter.  The next merger could easily have Verizon forcibly switching you to a different carrier to satisfy the terms of agreement.

What I was trying to determine is if you were using a Jetpack or other similar device and had the new Verizon Unlimited Plan and had gone over your 10 GB of LTE high speed hotspot data allowance.  Having those BASIC facts helps ALL of the community members reading here to narrow down the focus of the possible causes.  All you provided originally was complaining about your interactions with the reps with no details about the components involved and what troubleshooting steps that's already been tried. 

FYI, I doubt a VZW rep will ever see this there because you didn't make it as a question and they generally only respond to unanswered questions.  And don't bother creating a new there either as duplicates are against the Terms of Service for this forum site.

0 Likes