Plans available
sunshinemama
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am hoping someone can shed light on this subject because as usual I have gotten told 3 different things but 3 different reps at Verizon.  I am currently on the "share everything plan" with 3 smart phones. The 1st rep and I were talking about me adding another line (long story but phone acting up and they won't give me an earlier upgrade) and he said I could go to another plan where the 3 of us would share 700 minutes and each of us would have unlimited texts and each of us would have 2 gigs of data allowance (similar to what I was on before switching to the family share plan) and my line now I could activate a basic phone (which I have) which would save some cash. So I got to thinking about doing this and talked to another rep later on and he told me that there was NO other plan available that I had to stay on the share everything plan. A day later I talked to another rep who told me no that wasn't true that I could go to that other plan that the 1st rep told me about. Now seriously who is right? I'm just so tired of getting told so many different things. In all the years of being with Verizon this has happened MANY times through out the years. Everyone needs to be on the same page. Just wondering if anyone can shed any light on this? Thanks in advance for any replies/tips/advice. Smiley Happy

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Plans available
budone
Legend

If you are on a Share Plan, You can not go back to a tiered plan. There is not 2GB for EACH user, but most likely 2GB shared among everyone or 6GB shared among everyone.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hang on a moment...

Budone's answer doesn't make sense.   And I think you missed information in your post...

If I understand you...

You just want your old basic phone active on your phone number because your current Smart Phone is broken and your upgrade is not due quite yet...

Correct?

OR

Did you want a 4th phone line...either added to the plan or as a separate phone line?   I'm not sure if you are going to use the broken phone and basic phone to limp through till the upgrade.

?

My suggestion and the easy fix...

And you don't need any help for this...and no additional charges, fees, no change in plans...

Get out the old phone, get on Your Verizon Acct and switch phones.   It walks you through the process.   You will be asked for a number, usually inside the battery compartment of the old phone, in order to activate the old phone on your cell number.

I have done this a few times because I purchased phones out-right, rather than extend my contract by upgrading within Verizon.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I must add...

You have a contract for 3 smart phones on a Share Plan, which has not expired.   You can't cancel without a fee.

You can downgrade, however, using your basic phone in place of the smart phone . 

Subtract $10 for switching to a basic from Smart phone and the Share plan may allow you to reduce the data as low as 4 GB.   That might cut another $10 off the bill.

I know an increase in data doesn't effect contract length, but decreasing might, I wouldn't trust them on it!   Make sure to get it in writing of course.

0 Likes