Plan tethering on Galaxy Nexus
alfred_in
Contributor - Level 1

How do I know if my plan includes wifi Tethering?  I'm a new customer, thought I'd check the forums first.

tx

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Plan tethering on Galaxy Nexus
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is the name of your plan with Verizon Wireless? That answer will determine the answer to your original question.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Plan tethering on Galaxy Nexus
alfred_in
Contributor - Level 1

I have the Nationwide Talk 450 plan wiht 2 GB data...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You will need to change your data plan to one that includes the mobile hotspot feature. I think it the next plan up would be the 4 GB plan for $50 and includes 2 GB phone data and 2 GB hotspot/tethering data.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello alfred_in!

Thanks to Ann154 for the comment! I have great news alfred_in! Though you do have the option to change your plan, you have another option when it comes to using your device as a Hotspot besides that.

With the plan you described (which is no longer available), you are able to add a Mobile Hotspot that includes 2GB of data for $20.00 per month. The plan you have can add this feature, and would give you 2GBs to use with the phone, and 2 GB of usage with the Hotspot. Our new plans do not separate the usage like that, and give you a total data amount to use, whether using a Hotspot or the phone (Because all of the data is shared). You can keep your plan and add the $20 Mobile Hotspot, or you can change to one of our new plans. Here are the details for the Share Everything plans: vzw.com/plans You can also use this calculator tool, to see which plan is best for your usage: http://bit.ly/KBmvR7 If you need to determine your usage, you can do an Account Analysis in your My Verizon account at http://bit.ly/UL1k69 This allows you to tailor your usage to the plan, if you decide to switch to one of our Share Everything plans. Again, you have choices with Verizon Wireless!

Hope this helps you!

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
alfred_in
Contributor - Level 1

HI Christina,

I changed my plan because I added my wife's phone to my plan, so now we are on a shared plan..  Now I'm on a

SHARE EVERY UNL TLK&TXT 2GB

does this include tethering now?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

alfred_in - To answer your question, yes! The mobile hotspot feature is included with your Share Everything plan. No need to pay extra for that feature as it pulls from your data plan!

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us! Thank you alfred_in. Take care!

0 Likes