Plan Help
Bwaskow

Hey, I have question about my plan dealing with removing a line. I'm the head account person, that was on my own plan then I added a line which made a family plan a year or so ago. So now I want remove that line because its my ex-gf. How would I go about doing that? And if I did would hers just go to a single plan? Or can I just hand over the account since my phone is up for a new contract and just start a new plan? Thanks for the help ( sorry about being so long)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Plan Help
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You  gf can do an "Assumption of Liability" and take over her own line; there would be no ETF, and your plan would go back to a single line.

If you cancel and there is still contract time remaining, YOU wold be liable for the ETF for cancelling her line,as the account is in your name.  If YOUR line is out of contract, you can renew and sign a new contract at any time.

To get the gf off your plan, she'll need to do an AOL for her line, or you can cancel it and pay the ETF (or bill her for it.)  Hopefully the two of you are on speaking terms and can figure this out amicably.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Plan Help
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You  gf can do an "Assumption of Liability" and take over her own line; there would be no ETF, and your plan would go back to a single line.

If you cancel and there is still contract time remaining, YOU wold be liable for the ETF for cancelling her line,as the account is in your name.  If YOUR line is out of contract, you can renew and sign a new contract at any time.

To get the gf off your plan, she'll need to do an AOL for her line, or you can cancel it and pay the ETF (or bill her for it.)  Hopefully the two of you are on speaking terms and can figure this out amicably.

0 Likes