Pix Flix Messages
SP1041

Since about 12pm ET today (1/7/2014) I've received eight messages directing me to go to a Pix-Flix Account because I have a new message. The exact text is: "You've got a PIX or FLIX message! To see it, visit www.vzw.com/newpix-flix-message from an internet accessible computer & follow instructions.

First off, when I go to that site and try to set up an account it tells me that service is no longer around and I need to set up a backup-plus plan, so I really hope this isn't a bait-and-switch because I will report it. Secondly, I have a Galaxy S4 which is more than capable of receiving picture and video messages, so why am I getting these texts? They're spammy and disruptive.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pix Flix Messages
SP1041

Make that 9 messages.

0 Likes
Mesacakes

I have two, just today. Not sure what it is about.

0 Likes
slcoin

I recieved 3 today and it's coming from my telephone number. I don't have a pix-flix account nor do I want one. How do I stop this??

0 Likes
anurok

Seriously Verizon?

I dont want your shitty services. I don't even want your shitty OS that you slapped onto my S4. Stop spamming people.

Next time I am getting a nexus from google and service from Sysco. At least they don't screw us with crap software that blocks half a phones features then spams us.

0 Likes
meshdragon

Same thing is happening to me.  My coworker (Computer Tech) thinks it may be a scam trying to obtain information but I am not sure that is the case.  I am very curious to find out why the text is coming from my own phone number.  Anybody with Verizon have a clue???

0 Likes
southernoklaguy

me too, i havnt had to deal with this since b4 i had a smartphone

0 Likes
ryry4242

I've been getting the same thing as well. It really is annoying.

0 Likes
meshdragon

It's seems to have stopped for now and I just received a bunch of texts from earlier in the day. Maybe their system was jacked up.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Kevin456789

I have received 7 of these texts today as well and so far have been unable to figure out who is sending them or how to access them.  I have never recieved any before today.

0 Likes