Re: Phone using Verizon send your text to the wrong people
tabcat

This is also happening on my account - my son's phone sends all his messages to his dad's phone and then directs them to the person he sent them to - and if anyone texts my son, they also go to my husband.  There is no "group text" assigned in either phone so this is not the problem.  There is most definitely something wrong in the system.  I am currently trying to get this taken care of - no secret messages being sent here, but it is certainly aggravating to have someone get text messages that aren't directed to them.....there is absolutely no reason anyone should have to deal with this. Especially for the price of the service itself.  Just my two cents.....

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

tabcat wrote:

This is also happening on my account - my son's phone sends all his messages to his dad's phone and then directs them to the person he sent them to - and if anyone texts my son, they also go to my husband.  There is no "group text" assigned in either phone so this is not the problem.  There is most definitely something wrong in the system.  I am currently trying to get this taken care of - no secret messages being sent here, but it is certainly aggravating to have someone get text messages that aren't directed to them.....there is absolutely no reason anyone should have to deal with this. Especially for the price of the service itself.  Just my two cents.....

Are they both iPhones? If so, could they be using the same Apple ID?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TupeloB

Starting around noon today, when someone texts a message to my phone it goes to both my phone and my wife's phone. And vice versa. If I send her a text, I also get the text. There are no groups on our phone. How do I stop this annoyance and double texting?

0 Likes
TupeloB

In addition the annoyance, there is a surprise birthday party in the works. I can't text people and tell them not to text me, so I have to call each of them and hope nobody else texts. Angry and annoyed.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Two possibilities: The sender has set up groups on his/her end and is accidentally sending to both of you. Or, have you and your wife ever been included in a group text with these senders? They could be replying to a thread that once included group texts. I hope this is soon straightened out and the surprise isn't ruined.

0 Likes
TupeloB

Thanks, but no and no. We have both received messages from multiple people who don't ever text both of us. Around noon, all messages sent to either of us go to both of us.

0 Likes
TupeloB

Oh, and the various senders don't know each other.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

TupeloB wrote:

Starting around noon today, when someone texts a message to my phone it goes to both my phone and my wife's phone. And vice versa. If I send her a text, I also get the text. There are no groups on our phone. How do I stop this annoyance and double texting?

Do you both have iPhones and are sharing the same Apple ID?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TupeloB

Yes, but they have for years. The trouble started today

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

TupeloB wrote:

Yes, but they have for years. The trouble started today

Perhaps someone turned on their iMessages (the senders) or your wife did recently. Apparently the color of the messages can tell you if which ones were sent as iMessages or regular text messages.

0 Likes