Phone using Verizon send your text to the wrong people
dacaptain84

Here's what happens.

You send a text message to one of your contact named Bob. It appear in your sent folder that Bob got the message but it also sent your text message to Larry, Curly and Moe (and it doesn't appear in their contact sent folder). Now in my case Moe got ****** because that text was never meant for Moe (landlord) to see. Now I'm living out of my car and Verizon Wireless is content to give me 30 dollars compensation for my troubles. 112 degree heat where I live, and living out of your car really *****. Thank you Verizon.

Basically I'm here because your website ***** and doesn't allow met open a somewhat private email to your customer service (and your online chat option is blacked out).

So if the world learns that by using Verizon and texting their texts might be sent to the wrong person then so be it.

I talked with a support person the other day and they supposedly wiped out those bogus texts (yet it's still on my account)  and gave me 30 dollars off my next bill...You give new customers more then that and I've been a faithful customer since I was 18. I'm thinking a few free months of Verizon are in order. What do you think customer service guys? 30 dollars is not even half a bill.

(Here's the part where a Customer service guy comes on to say "I've made that mistake of sending a text to the wrong person" but it wasnt my error. It was yours. And when I contact the support line they made it seem like it was only a one day thing (although you did admit other customers were complaining about it).

Google it folks "verizon wireless text sent to wrong person" is what i put in and it looks like its not just my phone nor was it a one day type thing. It's bad enough that you send our data to whatever government agencies asks nicely, but for our own data/texts to be sent to the wrong person...REALLY?

If you guys truly care about your customers you'll make this right. You bend over backwards for new customers but old customers get the short end of the stick. I want a few free months.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Phone using Verizon send your text to the wrong people
budone
Legend

I will tell you you will not get any free months for a misdirected text.  Has it happened more than once, I wonder if Larry is set up as a group in your phone, not an individual.

It is nearly impossible for the system to send a text to the wrong person as it is based on the phone number you have entered or saved

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Free service because of a misdirected text?  I doubt it.  I have noticed that if I am the recipient of a group text, I have to specify if my reply is "individual" or "group", and if I choose to send a message in the future to anyone who was in a "group text"  that I was part of, I need to be sure I am sending to only that person and not the group. 

It gets very confusing (at least to me) and to others as well, as I think get texts not intended for me from friends who do group texting and don't realize I'm included in a text they send out.  And I think I've sent texts that included people other than the intended recipient... crazy, right?

But I don't think I'll get (nor do I expect) free service because of it.

0 Likes
dacaptain84

Budone your mistaken. It's is possible for the systemt o send texts to the wrong person, they admitted to it yesterday and like a said...google search it. It wasn't a group texts..one of the numbers were in my contacts the other wasn't. In fact the original text was sent to one person that wasn't on my contact list.

As for free service for a multi-billion dollar company to not provide a month or two service for their error seems a bit Scrooge McDuck or can they not afford it? As I mentioned I've been a loyal paying customer for almost 10 years. And I'm ready to cancel my service of this bs. And it was more then just one text message.

While SuzyQ might be perfectly happy taking one up the... I am not. I work in the medical field and sometimes send information to doctors if one of those texts were miss-sent I could lose my license and the freaky thing is I'm not sure I haven't sent a text that didn't get messed up by their system.

Or for that matter would you want texts to your girlfriend/boyfriend/lover/etc sent to your mother? Father? Boss? SuzyQ would be okay with sending naughty texts to her boss and she wouldn't be upset about it or expect compensation.

0 Likes
budone
Legend
If the person is NOT In your contact list, yet this person you know got the text by mistake, then maybe who youmsent the text to, forwarded it.   The odds of someone you know who is not in your contact is all but impossible.
0 Likes
dacaptain84

That must be why you work for Verizone Wireless Budone...because you know so much especially what is possible and what isn't...oh wait!

Gotta love it the internet invents people who are pretend experts. I guess this was the wrong venue for complaining to Verizon about. BTW, budone it's not "all but impossible" Verizon tech support admitted to their system messing up...perhaps you should call the tech support and tell them they are wrong, since you know better.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I have a solution for you: Don't send text messages you don't want to the world to see. Although, I can tell by your posts you're an angry person, so I'm sure this won't be the last time it happens.

budone
Legend

Hate to disappoint you, but no, I do not work for VZW. However, I can see when someone is called out for their error and attacks everyone else when proven they are wrong.

0 Likes
dacaptain84

>>Attacking comments removed; please keep it civil or this thread will be locked<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
budone
Legend

What the rep did most likely, since you do not listen to reason, was to agree with you to get you off the phone. That is my guess

0 Likes