Phone suspended for deployment - still getting charged
clutzyninja

I am in Afghanistan.  I called Verizon to have my service suspended for the duration.  Today I got a bill for Jun-July, but the suspension should have covered that period.  Even if there was a day or two overlap (which there shouldn't have been if they deactivated it when they said they would), the bill is for the entire month, not prorated.  The phone IS suspended, I just tried to call customer service (couldn't get through during non business hours) and the first option it gave was to REactivate my phone.  There is ZERO activity on my phone, so it is obviously not being used.  What's going on, Verizon?

I will continue to try and get an agent on the phone, but because of the time difference and my work hours it's hard to be able to call at the right time.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone suspended for deployment - still getting charged
Not applicable

Unless there is a different policy for military, you can suspend service for 90 days at a time, twice per year.  You can suspend with or without payment.  The minute the suspension ends, you will be automatically billed for your next billing period since you pay in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Phone suspended for deployment - still getting charged
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Deployment suspensions are for up to 39 months; see this thread for more info. and where to send your deployment paperwork:

0 Likes