Phone reception after 10 years has gone to zero one bar, can't get help from Verizon after Hours of our time trying to communicate and beg for help
camsman1

Zip code 32309.   My wife and I have lost cell coverage at our house starting over 2 weeks ago.  We have both spent HOURS and HOURS on the phone with Verizon.  Texting is total waste of time, we have been in a text conversation with techs and suddenly they are gone.  I have a copy of a text where the tech suggested I change plans starting Sept 3, I agreed only to find out nothing was done.   I also agreed to buy a network extender for $250 to try it out for a few weeks.  It did not help even though it says its connected to 8 satellites.    We are paying hundreds of dollars a month and can't hold more than a one minute call.  My wife works from home and she cant work without a phone.  Is there really anyone out there that cares and can help 10+ year loyal customers and actually do what they say and document our conversation so we don't start all over again every few days when we lose all connections.  Our internet is through someone else so that is not involved with this.  I even did a tower signal test and it showed the worst reading possible. 

0 Likes
Re: Phone reception after 10 years has gone to zero one bar, can't get help from Verizon after Hours of our time trying to communicate and beg for hel
camsman1

And....the tradition continues...zero response from Verizon!   Who do they help?  Our phones do not work!!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Phone reception after 10 years has gone to zero one bar, can't get help from Verizon after Hours of our time trying to communicate and beg for hel
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@camsman1 wrote:

And....the tradition continues...zero response from Verizon!   Who do they help?  Our phones do not work!!!!!!

Do your phones support WiFi Calling?  You might try that thru your internet provider.  Which model network extender did you try?  They only use satellites for GPS location services.  The extender connected via ethernet to your router then uses your internet service (non-satellite) for accessing the Verizon wireless network.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
camsman1

Thank you sir for your help and yes we have been on wifi calling all along and as mentioned our wifi is doing ok so the mystery and lack of service and support from Verizon continue.  But, thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Phone reception after 10 years has gone to zer
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely do not want you to feel this way, and it's our priority that your service is working properly at all times. Please tell us, what service issues are you currently experiencing after enabling Wi-Fi Calling? Are multiple devices experiencing the same issue?
GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes
camsman1

Thank you for responding. It started about 3 weeks ago. Reasons unknown. We get a signal when we are about 1-2 miles away, but again we have lived here for 10 years and always to 3-4 bars. And the hotspot feature was pretty fast, now it crawls. The biggest issue is my wife works from home and can't work without a phone. I have bought her a pay as you go ATT phone for when her Verizon phone drops calls during work for emergencies. We bought and returned the network extender which did not help. I have conducted the "field test" on our phones and the numbers are very bad.

RSRP0 -114 db

RSRQ0 - 15 db

RSRP1 - -111 db

We just keep paying Verizon hundreds and hundreds a month and we don't have phones that can last more than one minute.  Both phones are new within the past year I phone Xs.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to have the best connection possible. A Private Note will be sent, so we can gather more details and help you further with this matter. BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
kcannon1210

What is wifi calling?  I have had verizon for years and within the last 4 months our service is worse and worse. I have to stand still to make a phone call so I don't get disconnected - it's ridiculous that I can't move around. Never had this problem before and nobody can give me an answers as to why this is happening. We pay too much to not be able to use my phone inside my own house. 

0 Likes
Re: Phone reception after 10 years has gone to zero one bar, can't get help from Verizon after
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you being a long-time Verizon Wireless customer and want to help turn this situation around, kcannon1210. You can learn more about Wi-Fi Calling by clicking here: http://spr.ly/6608Ga2WO Are you experiencing issues at multiple locations? Are multiple Verizon Wireless devices experiencing the same issues? Looking forward to hearing back. -ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is primarily a peer to peer public community forum and not a direct link to Customer Service. If you need an immediate answer call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your phone. 

Otherwise, it can take a while before a community member responds. As for the VZW reps that roam this community, it can be a few days before they respond in order to give the community members the first chance to reply. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes