Re: Phone goes from 4G to 1X when making a call
zwo21

You know very well that you are cutting us off of the network.  I can be any where and the signal will drop, and at pivotal moments.  This is not throttling when we go over data, this is throttling us because we are trying to use the network at all. 

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Verizon has no incentive to give you a hard time and make your connection horrible. if it such a problem  why not switch carriers/

0 Likes
zwo21

Who are you? Boring username???  IF they have no incentive then why do they do it?  I could sit in one place and have my signal drop as soon as I try to use it.  When I switched to a different phone it does it more often.  Maybe it's coded into the phone to do it, maybe the service...I don't know but it happens all of the time. 

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

boringusername, we would never want you to leave us over a situation like this. We value our customers, what have you tried so far to correct this issue?

CecileC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Mercymoose
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did you ever get a real resolve to this issue? I have been dealing with it over a month and even went and got another sim card. I was told that maybe it was my phone. My phone isnt super old. I have the s8. I have been through all the prompts multiple times. The on and off, changing settings, turning off wifi, turning on wifi, checking coverage maps, checking coverage outages etc. I would just like a real explanation of the reason this is happening and a definite resolve to the issue. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you're not having any trouble with your device signal, Mercymoose. We appreciate your efforts thus far. Let's look into this. What happens when on the call? Does the call connect? When did this start? 

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
ShadowForger
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been dealing with this problem for a year and a half now.  I am not sure if it is a Verizon issue or a Samsung issue.  During this time I have seen it hundreds of times.  I had a Samsung S9+ and it would drop the call while I still had a signal.  Then when I would call back it would sit silent, drop all signal and go to 1x.  After the call I would hangup and the phone would go back to 4G.  Make another call it drops to 1x again.  This would continue until I rebooted the phone.  I went to the local Verizon showed it to them and they replaced the SIM card.  That didn't help.  I am now on the Samsung S10+ and it is doing the same thing.  I have come to realize that I can take it in and out of airplane mode to get it to function normally again.  This happens at least once a day to me though.  Just today I was on the phone with my girlfriend and using the internet.  The internet stopped working and a second or two later the call dropped.  It showed I had 4 bars of 4G.  When I called back it took forever to dial, dropped all service, came back with 3 bars of 1x, and then started the outgoing call.  I thought maybe it was Samsung but perhaps it is Verizon.  I am tempted to drop both in order to get away from it though.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is concerning to see that your device is doing this during every call, ShadowForger. Being able to make calls and use the data with no problems is essential. What service signal do you usually receive in your area 4G LTE, 3G or 1x? Do you have the HD voice setting turned on?

GeorginaG_VZW

0 Likes
ShadowForger
Enthusiast - Level 1

Always 4g service until it drops the call and flakes out. Then it goes to 1x after the call drop thing happens. Then I put it in and out of airplane mode to get 4g calls again. I have HD calling on. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ShadowForger, thank you so much for those details. We want to make sure that you can stay connected on your phone calls without having to complete any extra steps. Are you having any issues with being able to send/receive text messages? Or your cellular data?  KevinR_VZW

0 Likes