Phone ever rings ... but a voicemail just appears
SunDevilR

From time to a voicemail message materializes out of the ether.  The phone never rings.  The VM just appears.  It also happens to my wife, daughters, pretty much everyone I know who has a Verizon account.  I think Verizon, putting profit ahead of customers, grossly oversells their network.  The result is insufficient capacity to ring a phone.  But I'd like a Verizon rep to weigh in

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone ever rings ... but a voicemail just appears
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Disclaimer: I am not a Verizon rep, I am another customer, like you.

I have had this happen occasionally over the 15+ years we have been with Verizon. It's seemingly random, and happens often enough to be annoying.  My phone is sitting right next to me, I've been taking and making calls all morning, and then I'll have a voicemail weigh in, and the phone did not ring. 

Whether due to insufficient capacity, or weird signals, I have no idea, but you are not alone.  It happens.

0 Likes
Re: Phone ever rings ... but a voicemail just appears
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It might be possible to send a voicemail to another VZW phone from your own voicemail system. I seem to remember that being an option years ago. I don't know if it is available.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes