Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
Phone displaying incorrect time
Mrinehimerm

For the past week my phone will start displaying the incorrect time while I am at work. When I check the time, it lists the correct time zone and my GPS location is correct. The time will always be off by exactly an hour. I thought this may have been local to my device but 5 of my co-workers have had the same issue this week. It never seems to happen at the same time to any of the devices. Is this a tower issue in our area? I am located in Northeast PA near the Poconos

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone displaying incorrect time
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure your time is correct on your device, Mrinehimerm. What kind of device are you currently using?

JoelB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that you are able to rely on your phone's time, Mrinehimerm. What make and model of device are you using? Have you considered changing the settings of your device so that you manually set the time? Have you noticed that the timestamps are causing your text messages to appear out of order, or are your texts still arriving in the correct order?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
Mrinehimerm

The device I'm using is an Android mini, however my co-workers have been

experiencing the same events with iPhone devices. I've manually changed the

time on my phone several times to the correct time but this is only a

temporary fix as it will revert back to the wrong time at random. The time

change seems to have no impact on my text messages. They appear in the

correct order.

On Sat, Nov 10, 2018, 10:46 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

You say this happens only at work and to co-workers, as well.  Is it possible that your work location has a network extender providing the signal and/or a WiFi network that has the wrong/unupdated time set?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes