Re: Phone connecting to unknown network extender? (and poor connection)
cpbergie

Im not sure if you read my post or not, but i dont know who owns the

network extender. If i did i would ask them to make it private.

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 9:23 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
Techbhaktiveda

Verizon wireless technical support , this my 3rd call regarding the Verizon wireless Network Extender causing phone calls being dropped when calling from inside, this NEVER happened till I started seeing the network extender of some "neighbor". I see this as a serious "Privacy" Issue as the extender tracks the IP address of the cell phones being connected to "Neighbors" extender. I have been told by Neil (removed) that this issue will be resolved within 1-2 two days. Wireless technical support will be contacting the "Neighbor" and making sure that my phones associated with my account DO NOT connect to "Private party extenders".

I will be updating this as issue is handled. Appreciate if any other Verizon Wireless account holders are having this issue.? As I am reading all the concerns being presented,

Private info removed as required by the

Message edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Techbhaktiveda

UPDATE April 12 2014 : This issue has NOT been resolved by Verizon Wireless previous technical support and a new technician "Adam" was had no clue what was going on (removed),I was with the technical support and he was trying to sell me a "Network Extender", as per the contract, I expect that my text message and phone called are transmitted and NOT dropped according to my contract without getting dropped within next 24 hours.

This is issue has been going on from more than a month, and I am given a run around by the Verizon Wireless. This issue also brings a important "PRIVACY" concerns for the Verizon customers,when your phone gets connected to the "Neighbors Network Extender" or some "Unknown Network Extender" it will register the MAC Address of the hardware . This constitutes "Snooping" and is considered illegal. Verizon Wireless has been cited in the recently for being involved in this, and every American Citizen should be concerned about civil liberties.

Private info removed as required by the

0 Likes
jlynnj692
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the exact same problem. Bought a brand new Samsung Galaxy S4 1 day ago, and haven't been able to use the phone at home since I bought it because it keeps connecting to a outside Network Extender. Verizon keeps telling me it's a SIM card error, or that the actual antenna in the phone itself is bad, and they want me to buy another phone! Cause that's the only way they say I can fix the problem. I ask about the Network Extender symbol and service, and they repeatedly tell me that can't be the problem, it only improves service. And I don't have a Network Extender, and I refuse to go door to door asking my neighbors if they have one. If it's an extender through Verizon, then someone at Verizon should be able to find the signal for the extender themselves. That's their job, not mine!

0 Likes
Techbhaktiveda

Verizon Wireless has been very adamant and arrogant  about this issue trying to divert the attention and trying to blame it on the customer.  I am a in the technology area for past 25 years and  and Verizon Wireless customer for past 25 years,

I know when I smell the "RATS",  I have already talked to my attorney to call them as this is a PRIVACY ISSUE, The issue has not been resolved and the Text message and the phone calls are are getting dropped because of this. Verizon Wireless has been non responsive to this.

The reason the is a PRIVACY ISSUE is because now your "Neighbors" Network Extender acts like a "Cell Tower" and your EID (The phone ID and the number gets registered and transmitted using "your neighbor" extender, this hardware is similar to a router which transmits the location data and "Triangulates" your location to within 10feet (If your Neighbors "Network Extender) is  located next to your bedroom or living room, so if your neighbor is involved in "Illegal Activities" your cell phone number and EID is registered now on their "Network Extender"..and you could be liable. Any law abiding citizen should be very worried about this issue as it is "Civil Liberties" issues. It is important that Verizon Wireless cu

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Techbhaktiveda- We certainly value your privacy and security! I apologize that this has gone unresolved for so long! Please follow me back and send a Direct Message to me so that we can get this resolved once and for all!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Techbhaktiveda

Yalek

Including Case ID# (removed) AND subsequent phone calls for past 3 months , has NOT resolved the issue,

I will will not be contacting the worst customer and technical service I have received to resolve a issue , which was NOT the root cause of my having the device (BlackBerry/Samsung/Apple) and service from Verizon Wireless, BUT BECAUSE

Verizon Wireless, has installed a "Network Extender " in the "neighbors house" which could be in radius of about 500 feet from where I stay, This technology is acts as a "Mini Cell Tower" and can pin point where the calls are "originating from" and "registers" the  Device ID of all calls being bounced OFF from that tower. This "Mini Cell" tower is installed in

"Private" property,and Verizon Wireless technical support tells me that it is the issue with my phone , and I should go and "knock" on every neighbor and tell them to "create a "Blacklist" on their (neighbors network extender) and give them all my phone to block them OR I have to ASK them to create a "Whitelist" and include "Their" registered phone number so that the rest do not get connected. ARE YOU SMOKING SOMETHING......EXCUSE ME.

FIX THIS DAMN PROBLEM, IT HAS BEEN MORE THAN 3 MONTHS, and EVERYTIME I HAVE BEEN GIVEN (removed).

ALL ME CELL PHONE CALLS ARE BEING DROPPED WHILE MAKING CALLS WITHIN THE RADIUS OF THE NETWORK EXTENDER.

Edited as required by the

0 Likes
MadDogMike

I have the opposite problem.  I have an extender, and my neighbor's phones connects to my extender when they attempt calls.  The signal is weak at their location so they keep dropping calls, but their phones keep wanting to connect to my extender instead of the cell tower.

I followed the steps provided above and set my extender to "Managed Access" with only our numbers listed.  However, the neighbor says that Verizon tech told her the managed mode would only give priority bandwidth to the numbers you list but outsiders can still connect if there are any open lines. Looking at the language in the settings that seems correct.

Screen Shot 2014-06-11 at 4.34.12 PM.png

Note that Managed Access says "Prioritized", not "Restricted."  Verizon really needs to provide a true "Restricted" mode.

0 Likes
BaxterBartholomew

My phone is connecting to someone's NetExtender to giving me poor reception

0 Likes
BaxterBartholomew

I work in a big office building with multiple company and I need to figure out how to get my phone not to connect

0 Likes