Phone calls dropped on new LG G4 in home
tgassael

Got a new LG G4 phone last night. Battery fully charged. Advanced Calling enabled. Have had two phone calls in my home. Both - signal dropped and calls lost. This has never happened before in my home. My husband's LG G3 has more bars than my LG G4. My LG G4 has 1 to 2 bars mostly. This will force me to return phone and get different model if signal is weak and calls are dropped.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone calls dropped on new LG G4 in home
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try it for a few days with Advanced calling OFF - if the LTE signal is weak andit switches to a 3G, the call will drop.  Turning off the Advanced calling may give you a more consistent experience.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try it for a few days with Advanced calling OFF - if the LTE signal is weak andit switches to a 3G, the call will drop.  Turning off the Advanced calling may give you a more consistent experience.

0 Likes
tgassael

Thanks, SuzyQ. The signal improved substantially after going to Settings>More>Network>Mobile networks>Mobile data Checked>Data Roaming access>Unchecked Deny data roaming access>Checked Allow access for all trips

After all that the signal was 3 to 4 bars.

In my office where Wifi signal is strongest (Bluetooth on phone off), signal dropped again (ironically while on phone with Verizon). Did as you suggested and turned off Advanced calling. Signal went up to 3 to 4 bars again - which, by the way, is the opposite of what a Verizon sales person told me to do.

Thanks for you help.

0 Likes