Re: Phone Upgrade Charge!
rcschnoor
Legend

There are other ways to recycle a phone "for the troops". For example, quite often "the troops" have family which may or may not need assistance because someone has been deployed. These family members of "the troops" who have been deployed sometimes need help getting children to/from activities and keeping in touch with the children when at activities.

Seems to be a good way to provide support.Smiley Happy

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Baxterman,

Your wireless haqppiness is SUPER Important to us! We want to do everything we can to make sure that you love and enjoy your wireless device and service. While the Samsung Gusto II is a great device, for a more advanced wireless ecperience then we have other phones that are available. Based on your posting, the design and build quality doesn't meet your needs. It will be my pleasure to assist you in shopping for a new device is you are eligible for an upgrade. Let's start with what features are you looking for in the device? I'm looking forward to your reply.

Thank you...

Arnett_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for your feedback loyalist51,

I totally agree with you with regards to the professional and respectful treatment you deserve from all our representatives. I am ready to submit feedback for that particular manager/representative so that the necessary coaching/training steps can be taken. Please follow me AntonioC_VZW and send me a direct message including your name as it appears on your Verizon Wireless account, your wireless number, your account verification (same you use when you call us), and the name of the representative/manager in question. Once I get this information your feedback will be forwarded appropriately. Have a fabulous weekend!

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

please include your full username when asking a user to follow you.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Baxterman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't expect a perk either when donating to charity but the verizon online chat rep in the posting mentioned a gift card for recycling the phone and I was pointing out that was false. Yes Verizon is greedy. Do some research regarding their last contract negotiations. Look closely at their profit level and CEO pay while they were trying to force pay/benefit reductions on the people who actually do the work.

--

David

>>Personal information removed<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional feedback Baxterman. Are you referring to our Recycle program or was this another special offer? Are you looking to upgrade? Please provide more details and we will gladly research the best option for you. Are you looking to upgrade? http://bit.ly/GGnDDC

Jonathan_VZW

0 Likes
Cheated1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too have been a customer for over TEN years. I was PROMISED  years ago that there would NEVER, repeat NEVER be charged an upgrade fee. I see Verizon does NOT HONOR their promises. After getting the Song and Dance from some.so called supervsor, I am ready to cancel my accounts. GREED will get you ZERO Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Cheated1234
I never want to lose you as our customer! We have kept our upgrade fee lower than our competitors. I appreciate your years of loyal service.

The $30 upgrade fee is a one-time charge when you upgrade. In addition, we have solutions to help offset the cost, such as our trade-in program or employee discounts.

Our upgrade fee is only applied on devices that are sold with a discounted 2-year price. We do have options, such as, purchasing your device with our new Verizon Edge program, which allows you to purchase a new device at a low monthly price, reducing your upfront cost of purchase.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
chocoverizon
Enthusiast - Level 1

I thought online workshops are free according to your website?  But you're saying they are covered by the $30 upgrade fee?  Did I misread your post or your website?

Cheated1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

<< Duplicate post removed to comply with >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes