Re: Phone Upgrade Charge!
rcschnoor
Legend

You are correct, different retailers charge different prices for the items they sell.

Regardless where you purchase a phone for Verizon, though, you will be stuck with the $30 upgrade fee, even if you purchase it at Sam's Club or Walmart.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

rcschnoor wrote:

You are correct, different retailers charge different prices for the items they sell.

Regardless where you purchase a phone for Verizon, though, you will be stuck with the $30 upgrade fee, even if you purchase it at Sam's Club or Walmart.Smiley Happy

I think the difference is that when purchasing from somewhere like Sam's Club or Walmart, the $30 upgrade fee is not paid at the time of purchase, the charge is added to your next Verizon bill.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PATRIOT78, your business is important to us and we definately don't want to lose you. Additionally, we want you to conitinue to receive the amazing benefits of being on our network.

Yes, there is a one time upgrade fee of $30.00. It allows us to continue to provide you with a high level of support from the time you upgrade throughout the life of the device. Additionally, the fee covers the costs associated with the device upgrade, including transferring contacts and data, offering wireless workshops, online device tutorials and support information. Everything to help you understand and use your new device easily. 

Lasina_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry to learn of the issues with your device Baxterman! I completely understand the need of a reliable device and would like to see that happens for you! What is going on with it? Which model do you have? I am looking forward to your reply.

Thank you,

Lena_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
PATRIOT78
Enthusiast - Level 3

You are incorrect.  The current terms, until changed by Verizon, allowed an upgrade without the fee.  The changed it just a few months ago.  Therefore, I contend it is a change in terms.  Period.  I was being hyperbolic about the class action suit.  The only ones who win that are the attorneys. 

0 Likes
PATRIOT78
Enthusiast - Level 3

It effects my current contract since the language included the ability to get a discounted upgrade after I believe 18 months.  No fee was included in  the language.  At the end of the day, Verizon may not budge but I may not either. 

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Actually, there is no mention of upgrades in the customer agreement.

2cool4school
Contributor - Level 1

Upgrade dates were never discussed in the language of the customer agreement, if you don't believe me, follow the link on the website and read it yourself. Additionally, part of the agreement states that at anytime without prior notice Verizon reserves the right to assess a fee to your account. However, as its been stated to you multiple times, the upgrade fee is assessed when you sign a new contract and get a phone at the contract price, even now since then other options such as installment plan or Verizon Edge that help you avoid that fee, the point is you have a choice.

0 Likes
dnv1974
Enthusiast - Level 3

rcschnoor wrote:

That is correct. I do still get charged the $30. You missed the whole point. I can get the exact same phone for less than $1,add the$30 fee, I am still paying far less than $200-$400 for the same phone. Verizon just takes advantage of its customers. Like the Unlimited Data that I have. They told me I would have to pay "Full Price" for my next phone if I wanted to keep this. Full Price at Sam's=$0.99. Problem solved. Moral of the story: Stay out of the Verizon stores. #RIPOFF!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If that "full price" at Sam's of $0.99 requires you to sign a new contract with Verizon (and as far as I know, it does), then you'll lose your unlimited data.

0 Likes