Phone Trade In Appraisal timeframe?
skocharian
Enthusiast - Level 2

I took advantage of the black friday deal and picked up a Iphone Xs 256gb. I was able to stack the 400 dollars off over 24 mo and another 400 dollars off over 24 mo if i trade in a phone.

I shipped the trade in phone back on 12/4 and it was recieved on 12/9 according to UPS, but I never got an email from verzion saying they received it and the status just says the following:

Status

12/11/2019 Request Submitted

11/29/2019 Verizon shipping Kit mailed to customer

11/28/2019 Customer submitted Online

Ive tried calling customer service several times and been on hold endlessly waiting for someone to talk to and gave up. 

I was reading the verizon FAQ and it says the appraisal is supposed to happen 2-3 days after receipt. Its been 10 days and I dont even have confirmation they received the phone other than UPS showing it was delivered. WHAT GIVES?!

0 Likes
Re: Phone Trade In Appraisal timeframe?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to manage your returns and promotions. Let's dive deeper. Have you had a chance to contact our Trade-In team? 

TabithaJ_VZW

0 Likes
skocharian
Enthusiast - Level 2

No. I cant get through

0 Likes
BBKing2020
Enthusiast - Level 3

Their customer service line is always "volumn is higher than normal". 

every time I have to wait 15 - 20 minutes before I can speak with someone. 

This team really terrible 

0 Likes
skocharian
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had to wait around 15 mins to get a hold of someone but luckily it looks like we resolved the issue. I am hoping so anyway.

Luckily the Rep said he'd call me back after my bill posts so we can verify. I'll update then

0 Likes
Dgitterman36
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did yours get resolved?

I took advantage of same promotion.  According to UPS tracking my trade-in phone was received morning of Dec 6.  After multiple chats and calls I found out their records say phone received 12/9, they confirmed phone was what I said I'd send in on 12/10, 12/11 Request Submitted.   And now, 12/20, still no evaluation of the phone that was supposed to happen within a few days.  (And never an email or confirmation of receipt or anything.)  Last two calls said they were a bit backed up but absolutely for sure by today, which is 2 weeks after actual receipt and 12 days after they recorded receipt, and two and a half weeks since sent in.   And yet still nothing seems to be happening, and still just says "Request Submitted."   So I don't know what to do.   I have recorded chats, have done live support but no one seems to be actually evaluating the phone. The customer service reps are nice but not helping in that they just assure me all will be well but this is not normal.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the hold time, skocharian. We value your time. I'm glad to hear you were able to get assistance with your trade-in. I'm confident our customer service team will follow-up with you and find a solution for you. Please keep us updated on your progress.
GersonG_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your trade-in questions to be answered correctly and by the team that has the tools and resources to address your specific concerns, Dgitterman36. Please call our Device Trade-In team at 800-416-8894 (they do not have a Social Media Team) for assistance with your trade-in questions (https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/trade-in-program-faqs/). How does this sound?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
Dgitterman36
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the direct line. The auto responder didn't even have a record of my trade in coming in at all, but I did eventually get to a live person who spent quite awhile tracking down where my trade in ended up in the Verizon system and trying to figure out what had happened.  She thinks she has everything back on track again and if so I should see something come through in next two days.   So fingers crossed this will work!!! At least I know the right number to call.

0 Likes