Phone Stolen During Shipment
kbf1995

My best friend went to a Verizon store yesterday to buy the iPhone 11 Pro Max. The store she went to did not have the color she wanted in stock, so they ordered it for her to have shipped to her house. Today, the UPS tracking information showed that it was "damaged." When she called them, they told her it was stolen.

My friend has tried calling both UPS and Verizon, and even went into a Verizon store to get help. No one has given her any helpful information. She just wants her new phone as soon as possible, and she is very stressed about this. I would assume that UPS is liable to Verizon (as the shipper) for the price of the phone, then Verizon will take care of getting the new phone to my friend. We really just want to know how long this will take. She is willing to drive to a different Verizon store to buy the phone; she just wants her new phone without having to deal with UPS anymore. 

I told her I would post here and see if anyone had any advice or if this has also happened to anyone else/how it was resolved/timeframe. Thank you in advance! 

0 Likes
Re: Phone Stolen During Shipment
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, kbf1995. Oh no, we regret to learn that your friend has had such a bad experience when purchasing a new device. We know how important it is to have her brand new device. It is important for her to contact us directly in order to assist her. We need to launch an investigation for the lost/stolen equipment to be able to assist her with placing a new order or cancelling the original order for her to be able to go into a store. If you can please advised your best friend to contact our Customer Service department at 1-800-922-0204, or send us a private message on our Facebook page or send us a DM to @VZWSupport on Twitter, so we can further assist. VianeyP_VZW

0 Likes
not_impressed13

This same thing just happened to me.  Order placed 11/27/21.  Damage reported 12/2/21.  It has been a month of calling Verizon waiting 60 plus minutes on hold each time.  Transferring to another "level" of support.  Getting a "ticket" assigned and being told to wait a couple more days while they work on it.  Currently my number is locked into this "order" that UPS reported as "damaged".  I will never receive that phone and Verizon has been useless in helping.  Run around after run around.  

How hard is it to cancel the order I never received?  So that I can order a replacement phone?   

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

not_impressed13, we are terribly sorry to hear about your experience. Making sure you receive a resolution for your order concern is important. Allow us the opportunity to review the details. We have sent you a Private Message. Can you please respond to that message? Thank you. -Sylvia

0 Likes
MG0122
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did Verizon get you a new phone yet? My new phone was supposedly delivered today but the box was empty.

0 Likes