Phone/Plan/Service Request
gypsyjdn

I have been on this site for over an hour trying to figure out how to get what I need, and how much it will cost. I just get linked from one page to another, many giving me "FORBIDDEN" error messages, and I have found out basically nothing. I have read with great interest, all the posts on the terrible service Verizon gives, and as a nine-year customer, I must agree! They sure know how to reply when it regards a payment though!

How can I just enter what I want, and what I have, and get a price (including device costs, plan costs, contract requirements)?

I still cannot get a straight answer on whether or not 4G is available in my location! Different pages give different answers, It seems to be available in my CITY, but not my address! How does THAT work??

Back in the day, you just clicked on check boxes for what you wanted and you got a price. Why is that so difficult with today's technology?

I guess I will have to go to the competition and find out what they have and how it compares to what I have, and move on if VZW won't or can't give me a straight answer (or even provide an email address, instead of 100 FAQs, none of which have anything to do with my questions? 

Very frustrating provider. Seems all they 'provide' reliably, is my bill!:smileymad:

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone/Plan/Service Request
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

First, clear your cookies and cache, and restart your browser.  You might also try a different browser (Firefox instead of IE for example) if you have one available.  That resolves many issues with the Verizon website.

Next, log in to your MyVerizon account, and you'll see an "Upgrade" button next to the picture of your phone.  Clicking on that button will show you the equipment that's available, and the price your currently eligible to pay.  If you want to compare/contrast different combinations of lines/plans/etc., then you might want to log out of your account and click on "Shop."  You can place a mock order, using the shopping process to build the account the way you want it.  At the end, you'll get a total list of all the one-time and monthly costs, but the order won't be processed until you click the OK on the final page (so you can do this as many times as you need to).

As far as e-mailing Verizon, click on the "Contact Us" link, then choose what type of customer you are from the drop-down menu under "Send an e-mail," and the bottom of the next page, the box on the left-hand side will have a blue "Send E-mail" link.  It's true that Verizon does its best to walk you past all of their self-service options before letting you send an e-mail, but it is far from impossible to do so.

Finally, as far as 4G coverage, I could ask your question a different way "How is it that Verizon has coverage in my state, but not at my address?!"  The answer is that Verizon's towers don't neccesarily cover 100% of any of the geographical areas they serve, that's why they provide the detailed coverage map which you can search by address.  In the end, the best way to evaluate your coverage will be to borrow a friend with Verizon already, or take advantage of their 14 day trial period and test it out yourself in the locations you plan to use the service most.

0 Likes
gypsyjdn

Thanks, but you obviously did not read my post thoroughly. I have been using the same browser for many months and never a problem before with VZW. Same answer from any site with an issue. Change your browser, empty your cookies, wipe your OS, buy a new computer, etc. Never, we will look into the problem!

As I said, I spent over an hour on the site checking my upgrades, plans, phones, options, etc. Call me a 'stupid' network engineer if you like, but it is still far too convoluted a website, to make a clear decision. It is a simple matter of 'customer service', a thing of the past apparently. For the prices we pay, we should get SERVICE, not self-service, hoping we picked the right stuff! Whatever happened to knowlegable salespeople?

As for the 4G, why would I ask why it is available in my 'state' but not my address? My question was, as posted. It IS available in my CITY, but not my address. Do I need to move under the VZW tower that sits 1/4 mile from my house, to get service?

I have to assume you are a VZW employee, to take the ever-famous position, that I, the customer, am wrong automatically. My computer is wrong, my browser is wrong, my ISP is wrong, my broadband is wrong, I don't know how to read a website (with hundereds of linked pages and as many products) and I don't know where I live! Yup, just plain 'stupid' I guess. I cannot imagine how I lived so long, being so stupid! Maybe I had 'customer service' to help me survive! Just not from Verizon. After 9 years with them (you?), I guess you are right! I am just stupid!

I think I will just move on down the road to Sprint or AT&T. They don't think I am so stupid!

Thanks for your 'help'!

0 Likes
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

Wow, that's quite the response to a post that provided you with concrete actions you could take to resolve your issues.  I never said "you are wrong," I said "here's some ways to get what you're looking for."

I'm not a Verizon employee, just a fellow customer, and I've had many of the same questions you did.  I came here and learned that there are things that I can do to quickly help myself, rather than waiting on Verizon for a solution.  f you want Verizon to provide you with a solution, you'll need to contact them directly, and this forum isn't the best way to do that, because it's mostly read and posted on by other customers, like you and I.

If you want personalized service and support in selecting a plan, have you tried reaching out to Verizon directly?  They have stores and call centers for just this purpose, all you have to do is go in, or call.  I'd stay way from third party retailers, stick to corporate stores and you'll get the best results in terms of accurate information.  Also, make sure everything you hear is backed up in writing, otherwise you may just be getting a sales pitch, or info from a poorly trained rep.

If you have specific questions about features, post them here, maybe another customer has had a similar experience and can help.

0 Likes
ChaunceyM_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Hello gypsyjdn and thank you spottedcatfish for your input. I can certainly provide you with the information you are looking for. If you sign into your My Verizon online account, you are given the option to upgrade. Once you select upgrade you will be able to view the costs of all our phones with a two year contract. Plus you will be alerted if your plan needs to be changed in anyway to activate the phone on your account.  

Once the phone has been selected and optional features have been added,  you will next see a page that provides a detailed breakdown of your expected charges. It will advise if there are any  additional charges or if the cost will be reduced. Click here to be directed to our website and sign into your account. 

ChaunceyM_VZWSupport

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes