Re: Phone Issue/Early Upgrade
IA8SNJ

I am with you on that. I am in a similar situation. I am 2 months away from an upgrade and have 4 phones, internet, cable and home phone with Verizon. It is about 6,000 a year that i pay to verizon with services, devices and accessories. I am happy with my service, I know it is not the least expensive, but it is good. I was on the phone with a rep and supervisor for an hour today and they said they cant help. The cant even move it up 6 weeks, or even 4 weeks. I think That is insane. I am planning on switching to ATT when my contract is up then. At least I can surf and talk. I dont know why there are so many people on here that are disagreeing with you.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Well, in the 1st place your upgrade is ALREADY 4 months early(at the 20 month point of a 24 month contract).

Say they move it up another 6 weeks like you want(1.5 months additional to be at the 18.5 month point of a 24 month contract). Next time you want an upgrade, you will go in and tell them "I got an upgrade at 18.5 months of a 24 month contract last time, any chance you can push my upgrade date up another 1.5 months?" Now you will be at 17 months of a 24 month contract. It doesn't matter how much they give you, people will always want more!

lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

rcschnoor wrote:

Well, in the 1st place your upgrade is ALREADY 4 months early(at the 20 month point of a 24 month contract).

Say they move it up another 6 weeks like you want(1.5 months additional to be at the 18.5 month point of a 24 month contract). Next time you want an upgrade, you will go in and tell them "I got an upgrade at 18.5 months of a 24 month contract last time, any chance you can push my upgrade date up another 1.5 months?" Now you will be at 17 months of a 24 month contract. It doesn't matter how much they give you, people will always want more!

And millions of others will want the same treatment.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

IA8SNJ wrote:

I am with you on that. I am in a similar situation. I am 2 months away from an upgrade and have 4 phones, internet, cable and home phone with Verizon. It is about 6,000 a year that i pay to verizon with services, devices and accessories. I am happy with my service, I know it is not the least expensive, but it is good. I was on the phone with a rep and supervisor for an hour today and they said they cant help. The cant even move it up 6 weeks, or even 4 weeks. I think That is insane. I am planning on switching to ATT when my contract is up then. At least I can surf and talk.   I can do that on Verizon

I dont know why there are so many people on here that are disagreeing with you.

0 Likes
IA8SNJ

Cant do it with an iphone5 unless you are on wifi

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

thats because apple didnt build it to do it

IA8SNJ

and so what? Who cares if people get better treatment? do they all pay 435 per month to verizon? You sound like a Verizon agent. I bet your a republican to

0 Likes
IA8SNJ

It works on AT&T

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

no verizon reps here

just capitalists and people that belive in honoring a contract they signed

mdram4x4