Phone Going In and Out of Service Constantly
fairhavenranch
Enthusiast - Level 2

For the last week all of our phones on Verizon have been going out of service constantly at our home location.  The Intensity (Smart) is going out of service constantly and the Fascinate (Droid) is only doing it on occasion.  Despite numerous calls and reprogramming of the phones, several work orders with Verizon and a hardware replacement on the Intensity we are unable to make or receive calls and Verizon is unable to determine the problem yet they refuse to assist us any further or credit us for no service.

What could be causing this and how do we resolve it?  We cannot have phones with no service that Verizon will not support.

Labels (1)
Re: Phone Going In and Out of Service Constantly
Verizon101
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm sorry for the inconvenience you're currently experiencing. When was the last time you did a PRL update ? I would recommend doing a *228 opt. 2 . If that doesn't give you any luck you may be in a marginal coverage area. If this is this case please contact technical support at: 1-866-221-4096 to ver'f this.

fairhavenranch
Enthusiast - Level 2

We are in an excellent coverage area and have done the *228, Option 1 and 2 several times with no change.

This only changed a few days ago!  Something has obviously happened in this area that is blocking our reception.  It only happens at our home location. The phones work fine away from home.  Someone has made a change in the area or there is equipment that is down in this area and Verizon needs to locate that problem and correct it!

The loss of signal and going out of the service area dramatically increases around 5:00PM MST each night!  Verizon should be able to locate this fluctuation and resolve it.  We are without service and nothing is being done and they will not credit us because once in a while a call gets through and they claim that means we have service.

We have intermittent service for only a few minutes each hour!

This is unacceptable and looks very bad for Verizon if they lack the ability to provide the same service that we had a week ago yet cannot figure out what to do about the lack of service now.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is the zip code or general area you are having trouble with the signal?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
fairhavenranch
Enthusiast - Level 2

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Don't post your exact address on this public forum. Personal information like that isn't allowed because of the Terms of Service here.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

fairhavenranch
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you.  I removed it.

Is there anything you can do to help us?

We have intermittent service for only a few minutes each hour! 

This only changed a few days ago!

We are in an excellent coverage area and have done the *228, Option 1 and 2 several times with no change.

Something has obviously happened in this area that is blocking our reception.  It only happens at our home location. The phones work fine away from home. 

Someone has made a change in the area or there is equipment that is down in this area and Verizon needs to locate that problem and correct it!

The loss of signal and going out of the service area dramatically increases around 5:00PM MST each night!  Verizon should be able to locate this fluctuation and resolve it.  We are without service and nothing is being done and they will not credit us because once in a while a call gets through and they claim that means we have service.

This is unacceptable and looks very bad for Verizon if they lack the ability to provide the same service that we had a week ago yet cannot figure out what to do about the lack of service now.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a peer to peer forum so we can only offer guesses and suggestions.

I think that area might be the process of having the network upgraded to 4G LTE. If this is a recent problem, there might be a tower issue. Have you tried calling customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or another phone and reporting it? If the phones aren't reliable enough to call, try using the "Contact Us" link at the top of the website. That way you can still inform Verizon Wireless that there is a problem.

0 Likes
fairhavenranch
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have worked tirelessly with Verizon Customer Support and they cannot figure out why we only have service for a few minutes per hour each day.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi fairhavenranch!

I really want you to be able to enjoy our network like before! I'm sorry to learn that a resolution was not reached. You mentioned that work orders have been completed for you. Do you have any trouble ticket numbers so I can research this for you? I've followed you, can you please follow me back and send me a DM, including your name, mobile number, and a good contact number for you. I'd very much like to look into this further. Thanks!

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes