Phone Activation
elementwarrior

Hello,

My friend just canceled her plan to verizon wireless, and she said I can have her old verizon phone(glyde. So,she went to the store, deacivated and cancled the plan and gave me the phone. But, the phone still sends text and comes up from her old number.But, it cannot call/recieve calls. Can I still activate it under my account? Or is there a certain period of time it takes to fully deactivate the phone?

Thanks =]

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone Activation
SMRyan
Contributor - Level 2

First thing to make sure is that they cancelled her line effective immediately. As a customer you have the option to cancel effective the day you request it, and also effective for the end of the month. If it was made effective the end of the month, you want to make sure that person's number is not simply just suspended for the rest of the month, pending to be disconnected.

If it is in fact completely disconnected, you want to then activate the phone using *228 and c hoosing option 3. You would then key in your account verification information (mobile #, last 4 of social security) and it will switch and program the services from that
# to your #.

If all else fails, customer service can ensure everything is set in place to allow the activation to occur on your #.

Regards

0 Likes
Re: Phone Activation
elementwarrior

Oh, okay. I just asked her. They told her that the phone will be completely shut down on April 7th, when everything resets.They said they couldn't do that same day shut off. *shurg* Weird.

Guess I gotta wail till the 7th for my glyde

0 Likes