Re: Phoenix Trans Private Surcharge for a non-Phoenix resident
mama23dogs
Legend

Listen we can argue this all day long. The fact is usage taxes are going to be added to your bill and we follow customers cannot do anything about it. If you have a problem with it file an FCC complaint. You will get a contact who knows what’s what Att Verizon to call you and explain to you why you’re being charged Phoenix city usage taxes.

0 Likes
Sparks957
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the advice. Do you know the process for filing an FCC complaint?  

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Not sure exactly where you are on the map, but I can totally see a tower serving Phoenix and Maricopa, and anyone connecting being charged as Phoenix city.  Especially if there is a tower up on that ridge. 

1171C33C-33E3-4A34-88C9-28C6137954B8.jpeg

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@Sparks957 wrote:

Thanks for the advice. Do you know the process for filing an FCC complaint?  

Use Google.  Very simple free online form.  I’ve done it once, but a year back

0 Likes
Sparks957
Enthusiast - Level 2

That tower is not located in Phoenix.   Verizon was unable to tell me what tower I was connecting to.  They listed the closest tower to my home as reason, but there is a 800' mountain between me and that tower.  I'm pretty sure I am not connecting to that one. The most likely answer is that I am connecting to a tower on the Indian reservation, but Verizon would not confirm. The said I was being billed for Phoenix solely on my zip code.      

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I live in Connecticut and regularly connect to a tower many miles away in Massachusetts.  Since I can’t sit and test what tower you’re connected to all day, I can’t help you with that.

BeanF15Plt

I've been working this same problem regarding Tempe AZ surcharges with Verizon Billing for a couple of months now.   My phone contract is based in Las Vegas, NV and this phone has not been in AZ for over 15 months, yet I'm still getting surcharged as if the phone is in Tempe AZ.  Nobody at Verizon seems to know how to stop this surcharge.   

0 Likes
KH-cathy29811

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BeanF15Plt, we are so sorry that we have not been able to help with that change. We are here to help.We have sent you a Private Message, please respond to us there.

-Steven

0 Likes