Re: Persistent Phone Cut-Out Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Njvzuser, we never want you missing out on any text messages or phone calls. Also, staying connected while on a phone call is just as important. You stated this started happening last fall. Has there been any changes to the device or surrounding area (new buildings, new apps, new software)?

How far would you need to travel before you can pick up better service? KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
Kb041
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had an iPhone 6s for years with no issue, but upgraded to an Xs in November 2019 and have been trying to solve for the cut out issue ever since. I have performed troubleshooting with Verizon Wireless as well as Apple with no resolution as of August 2020. In addition to all the basic resets, I have tried a new SIM card and even a new device. The issues occur inside my home and when I am out. I use my phone for work which makes it very problematic. My family are all long time customers so this is even more disappointing. 

0 Likes
Mygertie

Oh my gosh....we have the exact same thing.  It's unbelievable that Verizon has this problem and can't fix it.  I have always had Verizon but now we are going to have to change.  Not one single rep could fix it and I've spent hours with them.  

Paula Stevens

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing that we want is for you to have issues with your devices. We will be happy to look into this for you. We would need to access your account to continue. To authenticate your account please confirm your first and last name, review the following, and then click the link after "Authenticate here":

If you use Messenger or Direct Message to chat with Verizon, your questions and our responses may include info about your account, including Customer Proprietary Network Information (“CPNI”), which is visible to Facebook/Twitter and may be used for their own purposes per their privacy policies (http://spr.ly/6608GeWsj / http://spr.ly/6609GeWsd).

CPNI is info available to Verizon solely by virtue of our relationship with you that relates to the type, quantity, destination, technical configuration, location, and amount of use of the telecommunications and interconnected VoIP services you purchase from us, and related billing info.

Verizon protects your info and does not share info that identifies you personally outside of Verizon except with your consent and as otherwise disclosed in our privacy policy. Your choice here does not affect your Verizon services. To learn more, visit our information collection and privacy policy at http://spr.ly/6600GeWse.

By clicking the link to continue, you agree to allow us to share your info, including CPNI, in Messenger and Direct Message. To stop sharing info including CPNI, stop using Messenger and Direct Message to chat with us. Contact Facebook and Twitter about your rights, if any, to delete info that was previously shared.

Authenticate here:http://spr.ly/6003GeWsXDavidR_VZW

0 Likes
BDF1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the exact same problem! Been through everything two Verizon members could do, switched from prepaid to postpaid and still happening.  Very frustrating!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Reliable service is a must and we want to help in any way we can. Let's work together to make sure that no stone is left unturned and we find a permanent solution to your service issue. Does this only happen in one location? What is your ZIP Code and do you know if others in your area have the same trouble? 

RogerZ_VZW

0 Likes
jsm7
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue. People tell me that they can't hear me, calls are dropping and texting can be spotty at times. I have been a long time customer of Verizon but after seeing that you are all going through the same things, I may switch providers. Very frustrating!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a long-time and valued customer, your service concerns are our concerns and we'd regret losing you. It's vital that callers can hear you when you're speaking with them on your mobile phone.  We've also noted your reference about you experiencing dropped calls and problems with texting (At times). We apologize for your inconvenience, and we're confident that we can and will resolve your service concerns, so let's get started! How long have you been experiencing these service issues? Is this happening while you're indoors, outdoors, or both? Have there been any recent changes to your mobile phone? (e.g., software update, new apps downloaded, etc.) Please try rebooting your phone if you've not done this already. - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
prvzw
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been have the same issue as well. I have a samsung S10. I believe it is the wifi calling feature, which is very unreliable. Try making calls with wifi turned off. If this solves your problem then it should be wifi calling. I have not figured out a solution. It may be either the software or hardware (router) etc. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Prvzw, we are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with calls on your S10. You mentioned attempting to turn off Wi-Fi Calling, have you taken this step with your phone? If so, did you then see a change? Do you find that this happens at a specific location? When did this first begin? LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes