Payment Reversals and No contact for Treasury Department????
cantdeal

First off, let me say that i have been a verizon customer for going on 3 years now and for the most part, i've been very pleased.  Even bragging how i usually have service ANYWHERE, even Walmarts lol.  But this last ordeal has me so close to signing on with sprint and letting them buy out this dumb contract, you guys have no idea. 

In the wee hours of 4/13 (4am, when i was pleasantly asleep in my bed), a payment of $280.40 was deducted from my checking account, WITHOUT prior consent, WITHOUT enrollment in AutoPay, and WITHOUT a payment arrangement for that amount that was to be automatically deducted.  This was an unauthorized payment, and though it was taken from the card that i have on file for verizon (only for CONVENIENCE), i did not authorize that payment to be taken.  So the next morning i wake up to a text alert from my bank informing me of the payment, so IMMEDIATELY i call Verizon to have this resolved.  I am first told that i need to wait until it settles in my account before any requests for refunds can be issued.  I do as im told.  I call back the next day to get the refund processed and i am told that in order for a refund request to be issued, it must be made within 24 hours of the transaction.  Funny, because i was told just the day before that i needed to wait until it settled in my account first.  Moving forward, i am now told that i cannot get a refund because i had a past due balance on my account, and that the best course of action would be to file a dispute thru my bank.  So again, i do as im told.  I decided to call Verizon back once more, and this time i try the financial services department.  I am connected to what i was told was a "supervisor" (emphasis on the air quotes because i think we all know that the CSR's at Verizon rarely actually transfer you to anyone who has anymore authority than the Level 1 CSR's your initially connected to), and was told that they can put in a request for a payment reversal, which would take 5 business days to process.  But that there is a possibility it will be denied.  So i have her go ahead and put in the request.  Fast forward 5 days.  I get a text message from Verizon saying that my account is past due $280.40.  I check my bill, and they have processed the Payment Reversal, it was reapplied to my bill.  So i check my bank account ----- NO REFUND.  I call my bank frustrated because i assume its an error on their end.  Im told that there are no holds on refunds, and that when someone sends payment to your card, it is immediately available, they have no reason to hold it in pending status....and that i must contact Verizon.  Here i go, back to Verizon.  the representative i was connected to initially tried to tell me that the payment reversal was denied.......so then i asked her why the money was reapplied to my bill as if you granted my refund?  If you refuse to give me my money back, then rectify my bill!!!  As of now, you have taken my money AND put it back on my bill, so you want me to pay you twice????????  she had no answer, she tried to stutter some BS which was nothing but her trying to skim thru the notes and say whatever might have sounded good......which did nothing more but frustrate me, so again, i request a "supervisor" (again, emphasis on the air quotes), this person tells me that Verizon went ahead and processed the Payment Reversal, and that the money should have been refunded the same day it was reapplied to my bill.  She tells me that i need to have my bank fax over a copy of my statement, proving that no refund was received but that a payment was deducted, over to the Treasury department, and they will resend the money to my account once they receive that confirmation.  I call back the following day to confirm that it was received, im THEN told that i need to wait for it to be processed through treasury and that it will take 5-7 WEEKS from 4/28???? First of all, WHAT????  where is this coming from?? and wtf does 4/28 start ANY process, when the payment was STOLEN from my checking account on 4/13??  I request a supervisor and she gives me some random claim number to provide to my bank (which after speaking with them, i was told that that number is purely for Verizon Internal and they have no use for it at all.....she just pulled some random number from my file and tried to pacify me with it.), that was supposed to serve as proof that the payment was reversed on their end.  Basically, all these people are trying to point blame at someone else because they DONT KNOW WHERE MY MONEY IS.  and instead of helping resolve, or pointing me in the direction of someone who may be able to help me find where it has gone, everyone is just saying what they think will get me off the phone the easiest.  I was so frustrated, i emailed my regional CS/Financial manager/president.  No answer, and not that i expected to get one...i just didnt know who else to reach out to.  I found a number for Executive Customer Service, and decided to give them a try.  The Representative i spoke with, initially tried to give me the same run around as the other CSR's did.  After screaming and crying on the phone (his patience was very very admirable), he asked if he could place me on hold to see if there was any information he may have missed.  He returns to the phone and says that a payment reversal was issued on 4/19 from Verizon Wireless, and that the payment was reversed on my bill and was supposed to have been sent back to my card at the same time.  He gave me a transaction ID number, and left me with his name, direct number and extension and ID.  He said from his end, Verizon has completed the refund, that i should go back to my bank.  I let a couple days pass.  I call my bank today 5/6, i tell th representative what has been going on, and he says ok, lets call them together and try to get this resolved.  I get connected with someone who was AGAIN stuttering thru a whole bunch of BS answers.  She tells me that the best she can do is send a request to the Treasury Department to investigate.  ISNT THAT WHAT WAS DONE WHEN I HAD MY BANK SEND OVER MY STATEMENT PROVING THAT THEY NEVER REFUNDED ME??????????  I tell her this, and she goes "well i dont know, thats all i can do...", i ask to speak with her supervisor because she kept putting me on hold to speak to them, so i said can i just speak to them directly.  Im connected with some guy who sounds like he'd rather be any place in the world than on the phone with me.  He takes the info about the transaction from the representative from my bank, including where the bank is, the last 4 of my card, ect.  He then tells me that he will submit the form and i should expect to receive the refund within the next 1-2 business days.  I asked him if there was any documentation that we could send to assist with the processing, he says "no, i've included all the information, the Treasury department will be looking into this and will notify you if anything else is needed.  I cant honestly say that im NO LONGER confident with ANYTHING that was told to me from Verizon, because 75% of the information given to me during this ordeal was FALSE.  I feel so hopeless because no one can give me any information, except that this magical TREASURY DEPARTMENT has all the answers, but NO ONE can contact them, and NONE OF THEM KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON WITH MY MONEY.  $300 is alot of money to take from someones account without authorization!!!  I just want to know where my money is, im SO OVER VERIZON!!! especially with Sprint offering to cut my plan in half AND buy out my contract.  IM OVER IT!!!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Payment Reversals and No contact for Treasury Department????
Janedough26

I Feel this is the same thing I'm currently going thru. I have not yet got as far as you had to deal. I want to cancel all my contracts because this is the second time their online system has pulled money I did not authorize

0 Likes
Re: Payment Reversals and No contact for Treasury Department????
Kh-Phil

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic.

Due to the age of this thread, it will now be closed.

Thanks for your understanding!

0 Likes