POSTIVE FEEDBACK ON NETWORK EXTENDER SUPPORT
WILDUV13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not sure where to leave this feedback...so here it goes.

My family has had a Verizon Network for appx 10-11 years now; had to order a new on when the older one stopped working & on 11/2/16 we received our new 3G Network Extender (actually 2nd new one) & set it up. After waiting for it to aquire GPS signal I called in to the Tech Support center around 6:00 pm EST & started working with an Terrence(?) who really tried to help me; even called me back at least twice to check up on the progress of the SYS & GPS lights. He had me unplug the power source, move the GPS to a different window & try an older Ethernet Cable then finally after exhausting all he knew to do emailed me how to change the settings in my router (we have COMCAST) because of known issue with that company. After looking at that email I knew that was not a solution. Yet Terrence was alway courteous, positive and kept his word by calling back. I

I called back around 8-8:30 pm EST & spoke with Craig in Chandler, AZ who thankfully was extremely knowledgable about Network Extenders & one of the first things he asked me was about the GPS; was it still in the Network Extender or attached to the cable in the window (the latter). He then asked if it was hanging or lying flat (hanging). Craig requested that I place it flat & restart the Network Extender. He explained that the GPS locator actually needed to be flat (like it was inside the Network Extender when I received it. He spoke with me about my account as we waited for a few minutes for the Network Extender to aquire. Sure enough, it came right up within 10-15 minutes. My phone aquired the extender and dropped the call with Craig, but he called right back just to check & make sure it was working. Craig, like Terrence(?) was courteous, positive, knowledgabel and helped me. Thank you Craig!

I actually plugged my old & supposedly broken Network Extender back in; set it up like the new one was & guess what. It worked, the GPS Locator must have been moved by a family member which caused it to lose the signal & stop working. Oh well, have a new one now & a back up...just incase.

For Verizon Upper Management/Supervisor's: Please get the word out to the other support techs about the GPS Locator needing to be flat. It would have possibly saved a lot of time & headaches.

If you look in my account you will see how long we have been with Verizon, how long we have had Network Extenders...they really work well. Note also that over the past 3-4 months I have worked with a few Tech Support individuals (One even sent me a 4G which of course I had to send back because I only have 3G phones) just to get one working again, again thanks to Craig we are up & running. His help & Knowledge is much

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: POSTIVE FEEDBACK ON NETWORK EXTENDER SUPPORT
erinw_vzw
Verizon Employee

WILDUV13,

This type of feedback is what makes our job all worth it. I know that sometimes it can be a hassle to go through troubleshooting that takes longer than expected. We appreciate your feedback and your continued loyalty to the VZW family. We look forward to many more years and we will be sure to lift up your positive words. Thank you again.

ErinW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
WILDUV13
Enthusiast - Level 2

The sentiment is appreciated and again I try and always acknowledge a job well done because more ften than not it is overlooked. With that being noted - I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF the insight on "GPS lying flat" will ever be submitted to the powers that be to update Tech Support protocol for trouble shooting to ask if it is actually flat (as it should be) or hanging?

- It would really save Verizon, Tech Support & those particular clients who utilize Network Extenders time & money; money because of mailing out new Network Extenders & then having to return them (because the same issue not being addressed) along with time of having to go back through the trouble shooting again!

0 Likes
davidh_vzw
Verizon Employee

WILDUV13, it appears that Craig has picked up some invaluable insight that I will certainly lift up to the powers-that-be. You are absolutely right. This would potentially save us all the time, money, and energy on solving these GPS issues. As a veteran tech rep, myself, I appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

davidh_vzw

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes