Overpayment Frustration
LoyalVerizonCustomer1

I gave up my unlimited data when I needed to upgrade my phone in April 2014.  I considered dropping Verizon to go with a competitor.  I spoke with their customer loyalty/retention department who asked me to stay and they offered my a plan which would give me 6GB (Verizon Max) along with the hotspot feature.  They said this would be a penny more.  So, I thought this was a fair deal to stay and so I did.  Since then I have had nothing but heartache.  Overcharging every month.  Promises from Verizon that they would fix it.  Instead I am being charged $20 more a month, plus overages since they keep putting me in a 4GB plan.  How can they do this.  They offered me the deal to stay.  I agreed to it.  Instead I have to call every month to resolve my bill.  I noticed additional charges such as caller ID, which I NEVER requested.  So I requested and audit.  Three times I asked for an audit and they said they would send me something and not to worry about paying anything until it was resolved.  They shut off my phone AGAIN.  Charged me $20 per line AGAIN.  I asked for an audit AGAIN, and instead assisting me, I'm told, "we looked at your history and you need to change to another plan."

Called again tonight.  Tried to speak with a customer service rep and she kept reading notes to try to get me to change my plan so I asked for a supervisor.  The supervisor Michael was very rude and short with me.  He rushed me off the phone stating that I needed to call another number.  I asked who his supervisor was and he said, "I am the highest person you will speak with tonight."  I asked multiple times and he refused to give me his supervisor's name.  He also refused to give me his ID.  He said he did not have one.  When I tried to call back I realized it was 11 PM which is when their area closes and I could not reach another agent.

I am beyond frustrated and do not know where to go.  I keep calling back and have to retell my history and ask the reps to please look through my notes.  I do not know where I am to go.  I feel that customer service is severely lacking at Verizon right now.  Someone at Verizon please HELP!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Overpayment Frustration
Weth
Legend

This is now a year and a half from when the trouble started, or about 540 days.  This limits your options.  Formal written disputes must be submitted with 180 days, which is what you should have did a year ago.   The chance of successful resolution this late is unfortunately very low.  Do you have files or written documentation of the 6 GB agreement?  I believe you since this was a plan offered to many coming off unlimited. I wish I could offer more hope this late in the process. 

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

You may have contributing factors here. You say you were charged a reconnection fee for EACH line on your account. Did EACH line get the 6 GB data allowance for giving up unlimited data or did you choose to go on a shared data plan. The 6 GB data allowance IS NOT for a shared data plan, but for each line having its own allowance. Are you on a shared data plan or does each line have its own allowance?

0 Likes
LoyalVerizonCustomer1

We do not have shared data. My wife has unlimited. My daughter has 2 GB. have 6GB. I was told that I did not have to pay anything until my account was audited and given to me as requested. Instead, my lines have been turned off twice in the last two weeks (in addition to other times). I had NO help last night when I called. This morning Verizon deactivated my l phones AGAIN. I can not handle this. Do not know what to do when Verizon goes back on their agreement and adds overcharges to my account account.

--- Original Message ---

0 Likes
Re: Re: Overpayment Frustration
rcschnoor
Legend

From the customer agreement note the portions in red:

HOW AND WHEN CAN I DISPUTE CHARGES?

If you're a Postpay customer, you can dispute your bill within 180 days of receiving it, but unless otherwise provided by law or unless you're disputing charges because your wireless device was lost or stolen, you still have to pay all charges until the dispute is resolved. If you're a Prepaid customer, you can dispute a charge within 180 days of the date the disputed charge was incurred. YOU MAY CALL US TO DISPUTE CHARGES ON YOUR BILL OR ANY SERVICE(S) FOR WHICH YOU WERE BILLED, BUT IF YOU WISH TO PRESERVE YOUR RIGHT TO BRING AN ARBITRATION OR SMALL CLAIMS CASE REGARDING SUCH DISPUTE, YOU MUST WRITE TO US AT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE ADDRESS ON YOUR BILL, OR SEND US A COMPLETED NOTICE OF DISPUTE FORM (AVAILABLE AT VERIZONWIRELESS.COM), WITHIN THE 180–DAY PERIOD MENTIONED ABOVE. IF YOU DO NOT NOTIFY US IN WRITING OF SUCH DISPUTE WITHIN THE 180–DAY PERIOD, YOU WILL HAVE WAIVED YOUR RIGHT TO DISPUTE THE BILL OR SUCH SERVICE(S) AND TO BRING AN ARBITRATION OR SMALL CLAIMS CASE REGARDING ANY SUCH DISPUTE.

0 Likes
LoyalVerizonCustomer1

It seems like I have two people responding to me on this. So I will try to answer both. In April of 2014 when this first started Verizon stated they would honor the agreement. I asked for emails and confirmation, but never received anything. Normally I get a silly response like, "I do not have access to email." Since April, I have had to call to have Verizon fix the disputes and they have always done so with the PROMISE that they would resolve this so it didn't happen in the future. I always ask the rep on the phone to please put it in the notes so there would be documentation. I even asked for the documentation and was told, "that is for internal use only and cannot be shared." The act of adjusting my account ever month along with the notes should be confirmation enough. I just want the correct bill every month. I'm tired of calling to fix it every month. I am overcharged by $20 every month plus any data over the 4GB your system limits you giving me. The 6GB, "Verizon Max" is what was given me so I should not receive any overage charges either. PLEASE look at the notes on my account in April 2014. They said they would document ALL of this. Yesterday the rude manager, Michael was stating that Best Buy promised me the deal WHICH IS NOT TRUE. He didn't even bother looking at the notes because his shift was over. Where is the customer service?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Yes, 2 people have responded to you in this thread, neither of which work for Verizon and therefore do not have any access to notes which may or may not be in your account. We have simply pointed out the policies of Verizon. Deviation from those policies MAY and in your case appear to have caused you some problems. When someone from Verizon tells you something contrary to company policy AS SPELLED OUT in the customer agreement, you should certainly be wary of what MAY happen should you follow that advice. At the very least, you should question the person telling you contradicting advice what happens when they don't follow through and you are in the situation you NOW find yourself. Regardless what someone may tell you, you should follow the WRITTEN policies of Verizon. Otherwise, you may not like the outcome.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@LoyalVerizonCustomer10

I regret to learn of the experience you have had. We want your billing to be smooth and easy to understand. Not to worry I am here to help. Was the proper data package ever on your billing statement? I have sent you a Private Message so we can get this fixed.

AdrienneP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes