Only 1 bar and dropped calls in my area (87144). Coverage map says I should have good coverage. What can I do to get this issue fixed?
smizzo72

I was in a good coverage area before I moved (87121).  I checked the coverage map for my new area (87144) and it showed I would be good.  I never have more than 1 or sometimes two bars whether I'm in the house or not.  I also have calls that don't connect, slow text messaging and dropped calls frequently. Is there anything that can be done to fix this (such as a tech coming to my home)?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Only 1 bar and dropped calls in my area (87144).  Coverage map says I should have good coverage.  What can I do to get this issue fixed?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

smizzo72, we want to continue to provide you with good coverage in your new area too! Service can be challenging indoors due the materials that your home was built with. As a result, no wireless provider can guarantee services indoors in all building structures. However, you do have the option of getting a network extender. This device will boost signal into your home. For more information, click here: http://vz.to/1i37AzC

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Only 1 bar and dropped calls in my area (87144). Coverage map says I should have good coverage. What can I do to get this issue fixed?
paterp95
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same issue in my area and especially at home.  For some reason, the wireless coverage definitely eroded over time.  I called customer service, 18009220204, and was forwarded to tech support.  They sent me to a verizon store to get my sim card replaced.  That did not fix the issue.  They then escalated the issue to the next level, had "engineers" research the problem.  They will tell you that they will get back to you, but they won't.  You will always have to follow up with them if you want answers. They maintain that nothing changed with the towers, but they did offer a home network extender which gives me coverage at home.  For this you need a reliable internet connection with a router.  Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Re: Only 1 bar and dropped calls in my area (87144).  Coverage map says I should have good coverage.  What can I do to get this issue fixed?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

smizzo72, we want to continue to provide you with good coverage in your new area too! Service can be challenging indoors due the materials that your home was built with. As a result, no wireless provider can guarantee services indoors in all building structures. However, you do have the option of getting a network extender. This device will boost signal into your home. For more information, click here: http://vz.to/1i37AzC

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes