On my fourth LG G4. What's the three refurbished devices policy?
samaxntha

So in September I upgraded from an LG G2 to the G4, and I've had nothing but problems with the G4 and am on my FOURTH, yes FOURTH,  G4. The first one had the split screen issue and eventually the screen just died, the second one kept restarting and also had the split screen issue, the third one the top left corner of the screen became unresponsive to touch and the screen would randomly look washed out. Now the one I received yesterday is starting to act questionable. I don't play games or run any intense apps, so I can't think of a reason for it to act up. It's my understanding that Sprint recalled the G4 because of similar issues, but Verizon has yet to do so.

When I went into the Verizon store, corporate not third party, they said I could get a brand new G4 directly from the store or a potentially refurbished device from the warehouse. I told them I was really unhappy with the G4 and wanted a different phone all together, they told me that I would have to get another G4 shipped from the warehouse, but since it's my third warranty claim and if it's another faulty G4, I'm eligible for a different device, but Verizon will only give me a few options. So my question is what would be my options? I'm honestly at the point where I'd be happy to get my old G2 back, that phone was amazing and never had an issue. This G4 has giving me nothing but a headache and is a solid piece of ****.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: On my fourth LG G4. What's the three refurbished devices policy?
mama23dogs
Legend

Time to go directly to LG for a replacement.

LG Get Product Support | LG U.S.A

0 Likes
samaxntha

LG told me they'll attempt to fix it, but won't replace it with a new device. And fixing it could take weeks.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

OH, really.  I'm not sure that is a good enough response.  If I remember the phone is under a year old.  I don't know how long you have had yours.

THe other option, make another plea to Verizon to make it right.  Verizon Wireless Customer Support

If you don't get a good response then file with the better business bureau,

0 Likes
adios_

I sure hope Verizon has resolved your issue. Your post was the only post I found in complaint department, that allowed a reply. I am totally disgusted with Verizon. I not only have been on hold, transferred to ignorant reps, and told a variety of things that have not been true and I am still at square one. When I return home I am going to get out of Verizon, been with them for over 20 years and the service is worst than awful. Its like they are on another planet. Thanks for your time, and Happy New Year, Sylvia

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sylvia,

It saddens me to hear you’re not receiving the stellar service you deserve from us and I definitely don’t want to see you leave us over this.  Please tell me what’s going on with your wireless device or service?  I would love the opportunity to try and restore your confidence in our service.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Samaxntha

I would be devastated if I were experiencing issues with my device. What exactly has been going on with your most recent warranty replacement? When did you originally purchase the phone?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
samaxntha

I originally purchased the phone right around the end of September. The issue that I'm having with the replacement phone is it's unresponsive in the top left corner. No matter how many times I press it, nothing happens unless I restart my phone. It does it with every app that I run. And I just got this device on Tuesday, the 29th of December.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

LG will only repair.  New replacements are almost a certain "No." 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Samantha, having a reliable device is so important to all of us. We want to see if you have an alternate device to activate while your other one is being repaired. Do you have a spare phone somewhere in the house, or that you can borrow? We are happy to go over options on your account as well. Are you available for an upgrade? Lets see what we can do to make this a better experience and a Happy New Year.
CheriS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes