Number ported out from Google Voice to Verizon not working
RenatoNY

I am a new Verizon Wireless customer and I ported my number from Google Voice to Verizon. (number ending in 8466). However, Verizon keeps saying that they are waiting on Google while Google says they have released the number.

Message from Google:

Google Voice has successfully approved your request, but the carrier to whom you are porting hasn't completed their necessary action. If you are still having issues and your number doesn't successfully port in 2-3 business days, please contact your new carrier for support, as Google Voice is unable to take any additional action.

Message from Verizon:

Your port request has been submitted, but no response has been received. We expect your port request will be completed within 10 business days.

So obviously there's something wrong here. According to Google they cannot do anything since they have released the number so now it's all on Verizon. I am hoping someone from Verizon can look into this ASAP and escalate if necessary. It's really annoying because at this point I'm not receiving any inbound calls or text messages. I can only make outbound calls and send SMS messages. I understand there is an X number of business days I need to wait but at this point I am paying for a service that I cannot use and no one is able to reach me.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Number ported out from Google Voice to Verizon not working
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Call customer service and ask them.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
RenatoNY

*Ann154 <https://community.verizonwireless.com/people/Ann154>, obviously

that's the first thing I did.. multiple times. Customer service told me to

wait 10 business days, so the reason I posted this topic is to see if

anyone else had the same problem. Thanks.*

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

www.vzw.com/port

You can check your port status and made aware of any additional information needed.

0 Likes
RenatoNY

Thanks sprmankalel but I've already done that. That's where I got the message "Your port request has been submitted, but no response has been received. We expect your port request will be completed within 10 business days."

And when I check on Google Voice's end "Google Voice has successfully approved your request, but the carrier to whom you are porting hasn't completed their necessary action"

Interesting huh?

0 Likes
mcronin58

Any luck with this? Experiencing the same issue. 

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to start a new conversation on the most relevant board. Thanks!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, mcronin58. Ensuring you have access to your phone and services is a must! Help is here. Have you contacted our Port Center to check on the status of the port? If no, please contact them at your earliest convenience by dialing 888-844-7095. 

-Natasha

0 Likes