Number block not working
Nicoley

I've blocked a number to stop someone from texting me but he seems to have bypassed it and is harassing me via text again. I went on a date with someone, I wasn't interested and now he won't stop texting me. I've tried to nicely ask him to stop, and I eventually blocked his number on my verzion. It seems to have worked at first as there was an hour or two of radio silence and then he was able to text me once again! I've tried to remove the number and re-add it to he block. Nothing is working and it is continuous. Is there anything I can do? Or am I stuck either waiting it out or calling the police?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Number block not working
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you or the other parties have iPhones? Could it be possible that they are using the iMessage option to bypass the block?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Nicoley
I do have an iPhone 4, I'm not sure what he has.. That could be the case. Is there any way to block him on iMessage as well? It's getting ridiculous like 20+ texts a day. Ranging from just casual messages to him getting aggressive and annoyed that I'm not responding and name calling. I don't think I can call the police as he hasn't threatened me but it is a bit much.
0 Likes
deppgirl

If you don't use iMessage you can turn it off and then you will only get text messages through verizon and if his number is blocked hopefully it'll work.

1. From the home screen, select Settings.
  2. Select Messages.
  3. Drag the iMessage switch left or right to enable / disable iMessage.
    On
    iMessage enabled
    Off
    iMessage disabled

If it doesn't work you could always try changing your number and I've heard that if you say you are being harrassed verizon will change it for free. Of course that might be a worst case scenario option. Hope it stops though! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can also change your phone number online for free through the account owner's MyVerizon account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
deppgirl

Right. Now that I think about it I think they let you change your number for free the first time and then after that I think you get charged. I Might be wrong though.

0 Likes