Re: Number Share - SMS Text Messaging Problem
cavny0321

Today (04-15-19), Verizon Wireless still does not have this figured out.  I purchased the Gear s3 Frontier 08-30-18 and have not been sent 3 watches and spent well over 15 hours on the phone with Verizon people, who cannot get the text messaging side of the watch to text from the phone when not connect through bluetooth, even though the phone is on.  I have several friends who have the exact same phone and watch as I do, however they have T-Mobile and they have never had a problem like this.  It is a problem with Verizon, not knowing how to setup their two number forewarding on devices like this.  What a waste of my time.  Verizon, please DONT offer a product that you do not know how to support!

0 Likes
dsifer
Enthusiast - Level 1

YOu are wrong. VZW is selling this as described by the 5 other folks on here. I was also douped into this. When I called I was told this was a Samsung issue.

VZW - you need to get details to your employees dealing with this issue in a sales capacity and troubleshooting capacity. Customers are tired of being mislead. 

Clharben
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I have spent a garbage ton of time dealing with this.  Today I got to a Level 2 Tech Support person who at first told me this doesn't work with older watches--I have the latest Active 2.  

Then she went on to tell me that text message forwarding ONLY works when the host phone is "on and in range.". I have no idea what "in range" means.  If that means in Bluetooth range, well, that defeats the whole point of me getting this watch and doing number share. What a joke...

0 Likes
Rdj1ss

What do we do if we have this issue and both devices powered on?

0 Likes
williamske58

When I bought my Gear a couple of years ago I could send/receive text messages even when my gear was NOT within Bluetooth range range of my number shared Samsung phone. Recently (2-3 months) I am no longer able to receive texts on my Gear when out of bluetooth range of my phone. I did a test text to my Gear number and got it fine. Maybe a phone or Gear update messed up my settings?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand the importance of using your watch with Messaging. What model Watch and phone do you have? What happens when you try to send a message? Are you able to receive messages on the watch while not within range of your phone? AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
Phonehead

I got the Galaxy Active 2 Watch a few days ago; have been trying to get it to work properly with my Galaxy S9 Plus phone, and have been having the same problem as described multiple times above... the calling feature works fine whether my phone is on or off, but when I text from the watch -- when my phone is off or out of Bluetooth range -- the texts show the watch's number (which of course nobody I know will recognize) rather than my usual cell number. 

I just found this thread after having spent a ridiculous number of hours either holding for or talking to VZW and Samsung Tech Support. I've gotten a range of different responses, ranging from "This should work" (yeah, no kidding) to "Your ticket number has been resolved" (um, no) to "If you text from the watch it will only show the watch's number" to "The unit must be defective, we're sending you a new one; please send the old one back" (currently waiting to see if this makes a difference). Can someone from @vzw_customer_support please confirm that the watch SHOULD be able to text from my usual cell number even if the phone is off or out of range? Otherwise WHAT WOULD BE THE POINT OF OWNING THIS DEVICE?!  Thanks.

0 Likes
Lgalterio

My problem is different but related.  My smart phone stopped working, cannot get it to power up.

Is there any way I can make it so that people who send an sms to my phone either get an "SMS not working" message, or some other message that I can create telling them alternative ways to text me?

I need the solution to work via my verizon until I can get another working phone with a SIM card because my original phone will not power up and I cannot do any action from the phone.

Thank you

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry your phone isn't working Lgalterio. I know how frustrating it can be to loose some of your communication abilities with friends and family. If a message is sent to you while your device is off or outside of the Verizon Wireless coverage area, your message will be stored for later delivery.

Your device must be turned back on and have coverage for the message to be delivered to you. The network will attempt to deliver the message for 5 days (120 hours) from the date of receipt.

Messages not delivered within 5 days will be deleted. However you can send a text through the Verizon Messages in My-Verizon or from your email. Here is a link below with the details and I hope you're on your way to receiving a replacement phone.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/text-messaging-faqs/#messaging

Let us know if you have any other questions. 

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
Chrisr201
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the same issue with my galaxy active 2.  About to dump verizon for t-mobile (who doesn't have this issue) over it.

0 Likes