Now is the time to leave Verizon (13 yr customer)
Derickbo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have decided to leave Verizon after 13 years with them. They tend to sneak charges in whenever they can. I have had a litany of unnecessary or snuck in charges. Starting with charges that they let other providers charge you - there was some restaurant notification service that was charging $10/ month. Verizon let them use my account almost like an ATM! Then of course there is the ongoing changing of their policies and charging for more data. Like doing away with pans and moving you to the next one which is higher in cost - for example 2GB plan no longer available at $40 but the 3GB plan is at $50 - so just move you in to it. Irrespective what the contract says they treat their customers poorly. Just sick and tired. So this is my notification that I am looking and will soon be moving. Really Verizon you have done me no favors!!!

Labels (1)
Re: Now is the time to leave Verizon (13 yr customer)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
The LAST thing that we want is to lose you as a customer Derickbo! I believe that there is still a chance to save our wireless relationship. With your permission, we would like to look at your account, analyze what happened, and provide you the best value in wireless. I would like to invite you to send us a private message so we can begin.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
robin84
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm leaving in June as well, unless my letter to corporate resolves these issues. I haven't used these forums until today,  since I have noticed bullies, generic responses on every issue from Verizon,  and people blaming the customer. I don't care if it's in the "fine print," or not. That's not how business should be done. They weren't like this until a few years ago. No excuse.

Tidbits
Legend

I got a bridge to sell you if you don't like reading things.

Snn5
Legend

Prepaid for the win.

Weth
Legend

Verizon certainly has its customer relations issues, but at least tell something accurate.  Verizon has a 2 GB for $40 that is still available, and Verizon doesn't just change you to different plans.  2 GB was $50 and they changed to $40, and added a 3 GB for $50, same price as previous 2 GB.   If you were on 2 GB for $50 you stayed. You had to call or change online or respond to text message to get 3 GB for the same price as 2GB was or save $10 and stay at 2GB