Notification of blocked numbers.
cbowl

I am part of a family plan(not the primary user). I am wanting to block calls and texts temporarily from a certain phone number discreetly. When you temporarily block calls and texts from a number on MyVerizon, does it send a text notification to all of the members of the plan? Also, do blocked numbers show up on your monthly bill?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Notification of blocked numbers.
budone
Legend

Blocked numbers show up in the My Verizon online account. I am not sure you can block numbers without being the account owner and I do not believe you can block numbers that are in the account family.

0 Likes
cbowl

I was just wondering if the blocked numbers show up on the paper bill mostly

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Account members can block numbers, but the Account Owner receives an e-mail confirmation, if they have those set up.

And no, you cannot block numbers in the account family, i.e.,

Limitations.  You cannot block numbers within your account or non-10 digit numbers such as 911, 411 or #MIN (checks minutes used).

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I do not believe so, but as tikibar1 stated, an email will be sent (I have even received mail notification also on blocked numbers I have set) to the account owner, letting them know a block has occurred and the number that has been blocked

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks to the community for your responses!

Those are good questions, cbowl. When blocking specific numbers on My Verizon a text notification wont be sent to lines on the account. However, in My Verizon, under My Profile> Alerts and Preferences> Account Alerts, you do have the option of adding email addresses where you want a notification sent when a feature is changed on the account. Blocked  numbers do not show up on your monthly bill but as budone stated, these can be viewed in My Verizon. Keep in mind account members can't block another line on the same account.
I trust you'll find this information helpful. Have a good afternoon.

DaisyP_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes