Not receiving texts from US Cellular service!
Muluac

I recently switched from US Cellular to Verizon, keeping my old number.  Now I do not receive texts from anyone who texts me from the US Cellular service, very frustrating! Outside of this issue I am satisfied with the Verizon service.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not receiving texts from US Cellular service!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Muluac We are very happy that you have joined us! Let's end the frustration with not being able to receive text messages. If you previous device with U.S Cellular is still turned on you would need to power it off and retest.

Sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Muluac

I actually gave the phone to a friend who has activated it for his US Cellular account and is currently using it.  I still do not receive texts from US Cellular subscribers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clarifying, Muluac. We understand the importance of being able to send & receive text messages.

Generally, when you port your number it can take up to 72 hours for text messages to work completely. How long has it been since you began service with us?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Call customer service from another phone at 1-800-922-0204 and have them reset your test message feature from their end.  It sounds like the port didn't complete fully.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes