Not receiving Amber alert on iPhone 6 iOS 9.1
Patrick0329
Enthusiast - Level 2

we were just issued a statewide Amber alert and it is flashing all over tv and the Internet, yet my wife and I don't receive any alerts on our phones. This is the 2nd alert in the last few months. Coworkers with androids seem to be getting these alerts, WHY aren't we getting these? No one seems to have an answers for this. I'm sure there is an answer for this, I'm sure there would be an answer immediately if were your family involved....

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not receiving Amber alert on iPhone 6 iOS 9.1
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Was your iPhone connected to Wifi while you were at home and saw the amber alert on tv? I've noticed that if my phone is connected to wifi the alerts won't come on my phone but otherwise I get them...sometime they scare the crap out of me because they blare through my car speakers while driving lol

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Patrick0329
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wondering if this issue will ever get fixed, I'm clearly not the onLy person not receiving these alerts. YYou would think a billion dollar business could get the alert system to work properly

clg92
Enthusiast - Level 3

what kind of cellphone do you have? is it an iphone?

0 Likes
clg92
Enthusiast - Level 3

if you do make sure you go into settings > notifications> scroll all the way to the bottom where it says government alerts and make sure both amber and emergency alerts are turned on.

0 Likes
Patrick0329
Enthusiast - Level 2

I Have an iPhone 6 iOS 9.1. I'm all up to date and the amber alert and emergency alert buttons have been on since I've had the phone. It seems that nobody with an iPhone is receiving these alerts that have Verizon in my area. Hey Verizon, what gives?

kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Was your iPhone connected to Wifi while you were at home and saw the amber alert on tv? I've noticed that if my phone is connected to wifi the alerts won't come on my phone but otherwise I get them...sometime they scare the crap out of me because they blare through my car speakers while driving lol

0 Likes
Patrick0329
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was connected to wifi. I'll have to try disconnecting from wifi next it comes thru, thanks kaebfly for some constructive input.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

In some cases it's possible you won't get the alert if you disconnect from wifi after viewing an alert on your tv. My experience has been that I get alerts on my phone before it happens on a tv. Just something to consider. Sometimes I may see them on my phone a half an hour or more before it happens on the tv. Not sure if that's an issue with the tv service provider or of mobile Amber Alerts are just broadcast faster.

0 Likes
Patrick0329
Enthusiast - Level 2

i'm just trying to figure out why some devices receive them while others don't. Some of us work 24 hrs shifts away from our families helping to keep the community safe and not having continuous access to tv. I know if we're my family involved I would want every outlet possible to work to keep myself and the public informed.