Not getting correct trade-in credit
RV610
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

This is not the first time I am contacting Verizon regarding this issue. I am very frustrated now calling Verizon and holding lines for more than an hour and getting no resolutions which is why I am detailing my frustration and issue here...

Let me explain you my situation.

Sept 30 2016: I moved to Verizon from T-mobile and PRE-ORDERED 5 iphone 7 because there was a promotional plan that I will be receiving full $650 credit with iphone 6 and above trade-ins.

Oct 18: I didnt get the iphones yet but I confirmed with customer care that I will be getting full $650 credit and she said YES. (I have complete chat transcript).

Nov 12: I got all the 5 iphone 7 and activated Verizon account. I also contacted Customer care and they said that I can return the old iphone 6 and get full $650 trade in credit since I purchased in Sept. She also confirmed that I can return/trade-in iphones in any Verizon store. (Again I have full chat trancript).

Now here all the frustration begins!!!

I returned my old iphones in Verizon store in couple days; Verizon store said it is not showing full $650 credit but you would need to contact customer care since you pre orderd iphones in Sept; you should get full $650 trade-in credit.

Nov-end to early Dec:

I contacted Verizon chat 4-5 times regarding same and they said that it will all been taken care of. They submitted some trade-in correction forms and asked me to call a number to confirm the trade-ins.

mid Dec:

I called that number and I was on call with them for one hour and 30 minutes. Out of that I was kept on hold for 1 hour and 20 minutes. I dont know what the agent was doing but after all checking and everything; she responded that her manager will give me a call back in 2 days. AND I NEVER GOT ANY CALL FROM VERIZON.

22 Dec: I again called Verizon trade-in department, Was in call for again 1 hour. He AGAIN submitted recalculation forms and assured me that Jan bill I will not see full $650 credit but from Feb bill I will definitely be getting full $650 trade-in credit for all my 5 lines. He promised and me confirmation number and all.

Feb 16 2017: My second bill came; It was still incorrect. I AGAIN contacted trade-in department. I was in call for 1 hour and 30 minuted. This time Rebecca was helping me out. Looking for several minutes she said that trade-in dept evaluated those forms and somehow the system is showing that I got iphones in Nov and not Sept which is incorrect. So she contacted higher level manager and told me that I will get call back from manager inn 2 days..

It has been 5 days, I did not get any call..

AND it has been more than 90 days, since I have been calling Verizon customer care, explaining to them and yet my issues has NOT BEEN resolved. It is very frustrating to hold the line for several hours and customers agents making FALSE PROMISES on issue resolution and calling back.

I had to explain this entire damn thing every time I call or chat with agent.. It is very very very frustrating to see how bad the Verizon customer support is. I think I made a very big mistake switching to Verizon. I am still hoping my issue will get resolved!!!

Thanks,

Not a very happy Verizon customer.

Labels (1)
Re: Not getting correct trade-in credit
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I've sent you a private message here in the forum. Please check your inbox at https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to discuss further details about your concern.

DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TIFWIL18
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can you post the resolution here?  I am in the exact same situation and unfortunate that this to appear to be common.  This post has 77 views and wonder how many other people are having the same issue during this timeframe.

Thanks,

RV610
Enthusiast - Level 2

The thing is, I responded to Customer Support's private message immediately withing 3 hours. However it has been, AGAIN, more than 6 days and I did not get any response or even acknowledgement.

The customer service is VERY poor and lack communication; did not expect this from Verizon!!

STEELBLUE1
Enthusiast - Level 2

All the trade in deals I have followed gave credit for the phones over 24 mos (-27.08 per mo.) They also didn't start until 2-3 billing cycles.

RV610
Enthusiast - Level 2

I understand, it has been over 4 billing cycles. I did not had Verizon account in Sept when I pre-ordered. I got my new iphones in Nov and that's when new Verizon account was opened and their system now showing that I did not get iphones in Sept which is weird.

Just fyi, I have been patiently waiting since last 4 months before this post!

STEELBLUE1
Enthusiast - Level 2

keep that paper work. I would try a store again (a corporate one not a kiosk). You may have to file a small claims on them.

RV610
Enthusiast - Level 2

Done everything; even went to Verizon store couple time - they say I need to call customer care trade in department. I am calling them since last 4 months; customer care once even called into Verizon store to confirm!! They have been filling some re-calculation forms but no help and now even above customer representative (DeloresK_VZW) is not responding after one email..

TIFWIL18
Enthusiast - Level 2

Let's keep this post going daily until we get answers.  Does anyone have email addresses for executives?  I also want compensation for the amount of time spent on hold with customer service and the failure to contact me or call me back.

My tracking confirms that Verizon received my trade-in phone early November. 

TIFWIL18
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do we file a claim?  Without providing compensation for the phone, is the phone considered stolen?